Not the end of the line
- Lifesaving and Fire-Fighting Equipment, Training and Drills Onboard Offshore Facilities and Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODUs) Operating on the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). Lantz, J. G. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/23/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 226, p70172
The article focuses on a notice issued by the U.S. Coast Guard regarding solicitation of comments on the recommended interim guidance. The guidance concerning the lifesaving and fire-fighting equipment, training and drills onboard manned offshore facilities was developed in response to the...
- The Truth Sinks In. // Yachting;Feb2001, Vol. 189 Issue 2, p114
Reports on the scandals surrounding the inspection and repacking of liferafts for boats in the United States.
- Technology. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;8/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 15, p16
Reports that the lives of elderly stroke patients in the United States may be saved by a fiber-optic endoscope connected to an air-puff generator developed by doctors at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City. Applications; Method of function; Testing.
- Deep float. Matthews, Neal // Boating;Aug97, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p98
Opinion. Comments on the author's experience as a crash test dummy at the Underwriters Laboratories's (UL) stringent testing program, to see the firsthand testing of personal flotation devices (PFDs). When UL began development of PFDs; Reference to the relationship between UL and the Coast...
- Kidd's miners can breathe easier with Refuge One. // Northern Ontario Business;May95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the improvement of safety at Falconbridge's Kidd Creek Mine in Timmins due to the addition of Refuge One air centers. Refuge One unit as life-saving system developed and manufactured by Rimer Alco North America of Morden, Manitoba; Conduction and success of two `Tommyknocker'...
- Staying a float. McDonald, Pete // Boating;Mar1999, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p186
Uncovers the disadvantages of the personal flotation device for children. Tests conducted by Doctor Harvey Barnett, founder of Infant Swimming Research in Orlando, Florida; Strength tests conducted at Underwriters Laboratories; Suggestions for parents.
- Two 10m Naiad patrol boats for Marine Rescue NSW. // Ausmarine;Mar2013, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the two 10 metre (m) models of Naiad patrol vessel for the marine Rescue fleet of the New South Wales state government, which are being constructed at New South Wales facility of Yamba Welding and Engineering.
- Safer at Sea. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/6/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p3
Describes a life raft called the Clam.
- Floating Assets. Reininger, Stuart // MotorBoating;May2002, Vol. 189 Issue 5, p18
Discusses the importance of life rafts during an emergency. Features of life rafts; Types of the equipment; Range of costs.