- From applicant to firefighter: the hiring process. // Filipino Post;6/21/2012, p4
The article informs that 16 firefighters are going to be hired for October 2012 in Surrey, British Columbia as many senior employees are going to retire.
- Retired firefighter to be honoured. // Hub (Hay River, NT);10/23/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p12
The article reports on honoring of William Reimer, firefighter of Fort Smith Fire Department of Thebacha, Canada during firefighters ball on October 19, 2013 as the ball is organized for his retirement from the department as volunteer.
- NAMES IN THE NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p131
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to fire fighters. U.S. National Fallen Firefighters Foundation chairman emeritus Hal Bruno died November 8, 2011. Chief Carl Plaugher of the Orange County Florida Fire Rescue Department (OCFRD) in Florida retired November 18, 2011. Fire lieutenant Lori...
- When I'm sixty (four): the ageing workforce and what to do about it. Matthews, Dave // Fire;Nov2013, Vol. 107 Issue 1363, p10
The article focuses on the need for arrangements to ensure the safety of firefighters until their retirement at the age of 60 years in Great Britain. It discusses the aspects of fitness levels of firefighters by referring to activities including running out hose or using heavyweight hydraulic...
- State workers' compensation: legislation enacted in 1990. Tinsley, LaVerne C. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan91, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p57
Presents a state-by-state summary of the many developments in workers' compensation that occurred in the U.S. during 1990. Increase in additional compensation for dependents in cases of temporary total disability in Arizona; Extension of coverage to firefighters who are not covered by the...
- A heated conversation. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;6/29/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 26, pA5
An interview with retiring Brentwood, Missouri Fire Chief Bob Niemeyer is presented. Niemeyer talked about his career, the firefighting business and his plans after retirement. He was born from a family of accountants, and when he decided to be a firefighter, his family thought he was crazy....
- Bill would create retirement accounts for volunteer firefighters. // Fire Engineering;Aug99, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p46
Reports that Representative John Larson has introduced a bill to the United States Congress creating retirement accounts for volunteer fire fighters.
- Retirement age for federal firefighters is now 57. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p66
Reports the retirement age of firefighters reflected in the Federal Firefighters Retirement Age Fairness Act in the United States.
- Advice to Young Firefighters, Part 1. BRUNACINI, ALAN // Fire Engineering;Sep2011, Vol. 164 Issue 9, p38
The article presents the first part of a series of articles about the U.S. firefighting industry for neophyte firefighters. Among the challenges confronting young firefighters as of September 2011 are the increased danger in putting off fires due to more combustible modern materials, the...