Who You Know
- 12 commandments for new fire chiefs. Crawford, Brian A. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;12/13/2012, p2
The article discusses the so-called 12 commandments for newly appointed fire chiefs which include prioritizing service to the citizens, never failing to lead and accepting the fact that they cannot please everyone.
- Those who can, teach. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p42
Explores factors to be considered by fire chiefs when teaching firefighter students in the U.S. Student focus; Knowledge expectations; Delivery of course materials.
- Do you hear what I hear? Loeb, Donald L. // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p60
Explores the importance of evacuation signals to protect the lives of firefighters in the U.S. Blowing of apparatus sirens; Importance of wearing appropriate protective gear; Duty of fire chiefs to prevent fireground deaths.
- IAFF and IAFC support haz-mat tracking system. // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p44
Reports that the International Association of Fire Fighters and the International Association of Fire Chiefs are joining efforts to gain firefighters access to Operation Respond Emergency Information System (OREIS). Contents of the OREIS; Application of the OREIS to firefighters' safety.
- Tom's Trumpet. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;2012/2013 Directory, p80
The author reflects on initiatives of the Minnesota Board of Firefighter Traning and Education in educating the state, the attitude of the fire service department in rendering extra assignments without additional compensation, and the participation at the 2012 Annual Conference of the Minnesota...
- Fire chiefs expand program for Fire-Rescue International. // Professional Safety;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p66
Reports on the Fire-Rescue International '95 to be held on September 9-13, 1995 in Louisville, Kentucky. International Association of Fire Chiefs as co-sponsor.
- Chief Concern. Boyd, Amanda // Cincinnati Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p32
Features Trish Brooks, the women fire chief of Forest Park in Cincinnati, Ohio. Efforts to improve the image of fire fighters among children; Views on the fire-fighting profession.
- IAFC presentations include first `Chief of the Year' awards. // Fire Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the presentation of awards to firefighters at the 1996 Fire-Rescue International, sponsored by the International Association of Fire Chiefs. Selection of John Buckman as Volunteer Chief of the Year; Selection of Stephen Paulsell as Career Chief of the Year.
- IAFC Foundation awards 34 scholarships. // Fire Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the awarding of scholarships by the International Association of Fire Chiefs Foundation for 1996. Values of the prizes; Awardees; Companies providing some of the funding for the scholarships.