- WORKSHOP OF THE WEEK. Seligman, Daniel; de Llosa, Patty // Fortune;7/12/1993, Vol. 128 Issue 1, p120
Presents an excerpt from a news report published in the "New York Times," which informed about an arson-awareness workshop for volunteer firefighters.
- Fireman's Holiday. // Time;12/27/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 26, p8
The article offers information on eight volunteer firemen of Genoa and Texas who set fire to abandoned building and grass fields of suburban Houston, Texas. They were caght while they set fire to an outhouse owned by the brother of fire department official of Houston. The overeager fire fighters...
- Untitled. Case, Philip // Farmers Weekly;8/29/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that a man has been quizzed by police focused on the suspicion of arson following the huge farm fire through a barn on the Isle of Sheppey in England. It mentions that fifty firefighters were called to manage the blaze at Tadwell Farm in Elm Lane. It mentions that the man is...
- NVFC offers arson detection course for volunteers. // Fire Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p30
Announces the National Volunteer Fire Council's two-day seminar entitled `Arson Detection and Prevention in Rural Communities' for volunteer firefighters in the United States. Schedule and venue of the seminar; Purpose; Topics to be discussed.
- A pyro on the loose? Leborgne, Brittany // Eastern Door;6/3/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the fire incident happened in a dumpster, an abandoned house, and a port-o-potty which the Kahnawake Peacekeepers and Kahnawake Fire Brigade believe to be a work of a same person.
- A Tinder-Dry State Is Put to the Torch. Moldofsky, Leora // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/14/2002, Issue 1, p11
Discusses bushfires in New South Wales, Australia, which have killed animals and destroyed homes. Impact of the fires on pollution levels; Deployment of fire fighters; Evidence that a number of the fires were deliberately lit.
- What Do YOU Think About Arson? Streich, Jerry // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on the efforts by the Minnesota Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators (MNIAAI) to increase the state's arson conviction rate as well as improve community awareness of the crime. MNIAAI is conducting a survey that focuses on peoples' belief on arson....
- Arsonists barred from New York State volunteer fire departments. // Fire Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p44
Reports that New York state will conduct background checks for arson on all prospective and transfer volunteer fire company members.
- New MBFTE initiatives come to fruition. Haberty, Steve // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p32
The article offers information on the Leadership Development course of the Minnesota Board of Fire Training and Education (MBFTE). It mentions that the course is aimed for up-coming fire-service leaders in the state. It also discusses the other initiative of MBFTE including the Fire Service...