N.J. Schools Have Until Jan.1 to OK merger; $2B Deal on the Hook
- Hail James E., Farewell Donald D. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Editorial. Reports the swearing in of Governor James E. McGreevey, the 51st governor of New Jersey. Occurrence of a celebratory rally in front of the State House; Details of the ascension of McGreevey to the gubernatorial position; Bills of interest to the business community signed into law by...
- James E. McGreevey. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p18
Profiles Governor-elect James E. McGreevey of New Jersey. Educational background; Details on his career in politics.
- New Jersey GOP Seeks To Block Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p1
Reports on the plans of Republican legislators in New Jersey to sue the administration of Democratic Governor James E. McGreevey seeking an injunction to prevent the sale of deficit bonds. Total amount of the deficit bonds; Reason behind the sale of deficit bonds; Purpose of the increase in...
- N.J. Eyes $2B Referndum. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p1
Reports on the consideration of a bond referendum issuance by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Total amount of bonds the Governor proposed to issue; Proceeds of the sale; Condition on the inclusion of the referendum in the 2004 ballot.
- N.J. Governor-Elect Sees $3.7B Shortfall for Next Two Years. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p6
Focuses on a shortfall in state revenue predicted by the governor of New Jersey James McGreevey. Expected shortfall in billion dollars; Governor's call to legislators regarding spending plans; Budget analysis regarding shortfall in a year.
- TALES FROM A FRAZZLED LIBRARIAN. Trivett, Dan // Library Mosaics;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Relates the experiences of the author regarding the visit of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey to their library in Manchester, in relation to the library's summer reading program. Preparations for the visit; Request of the governor to read books to children; Arrival of the children for...
- Time for Some Bipartisanship. // Business News New Jersey;2/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Announces the plans of governor James E. McGreevey to reduce the state budget of New Jersey. Reaction of the public to the plans; Responsibilities of a governor; Influence of Democrats in the State Senate.
- Reports of its Demise Greatly Exaggerated. // njbiz;3/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the call of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey for the elimination of the Business Employment Incentive Program (BEIP). Reason behind the call; Background on the payments made by companies for BEIP; Information on companies with approved BEIP benefits.
- Trade Is His Mission. // njbiz;8/5/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p4
Presents information on the trade mission plans of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey to Israel and other countries in the Middle East, as of August 2002.