- News analysis. // New Statesman & Society;2/9/96, Vol. 9 Issue 389, p7
Features the photograph of firefighters from all over London, England demonstrating outside the Department of Environment in protest against job cuts and fire-station closures.
- Cost of fire-fighters' strike set at ...1m a month. // Public Finance;03/21/97, p7
Describes the cost of a fire-fighters' strike action over budget cuts in Essex, England. Amount of the budget cut; Methods for implementation; Concerns about pension costs.
- Lessons from the Dayton Firefighters' Strike. Moore, Perry // Public Personnel Management;Jan/Feb79, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on the benefits of strike on management in Dayton, Ohio. Factors to consider on avoiding strikes; Lessons learned from the Dayton Firefighters' Strike; Purpose of firefighter strike.
- How I see it. Henderson, Neil // PRWeek (London);11/5/2010, p26
The author reflects on a strike staged by firefighters in London, England.
- UNION JINX. Ord, Jeff // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p56
Focuses on the strike of fire fighters in Great Britain. Pay and working conditions of fire fighters; Campaign of fire fighters for a review of the pay formula; Position of the Chief and Assistant Chief Fire officers Association to the dispute; Establishment of an emergency fire cover in the...
- ï¿½In brief. // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p3
Presents news items related to the personnel in Great Britain, for the week ending on March 18, 2003. Call for strike by the Fire Brigades Union; Survey results on the ignorance to first aid in companies; Threat of strike on the North East Metro train network.
- Fire-fighters plan industrial action. // Public Finance;04/18/97, p3
Reports that fears that the fire service dispute could spread in Great Britain, as a solution was still being sought to stave off industrial action scheduled to begin on April 19, 1997 in Essex, England.
- 'Fire strikes not political' // New Statesman;12/9/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4617, p35
Deals with the criticisms of the British government and the media on Andy Gilchrist for making the fire fighter strike political. Comments on the leadership of Gilchrist; Nature of the political dispute which affects the fire fighters.
- Fire dispute hots up with more strikes planned. // Public Finance;04/25/97, p3
Reports that firefighters in Essex, England have set dates for two more days of strike action after the county council warned that it would suspend the striking workers. Councillors' explanations about cuts in the fire service budget.