FLSA proposals may affect public safety employees
- The new Employment Bill. Brimelow, Russell // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p14
Focuses on the provisions of the Employment Bill in Great Britain. Introduction of statutory disciplinary and grievance procedures; Simplification of employment law; Reduction on the complexity of employment cases in tribunals.
- Labor-act rights often extend to non-union workers. // Inside Tucson Business;05/21/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the provisions of the National Labor Relations Act rights to non-union workers in Phoenix, Arizona. History and administration of the bill; Influence of party politics on the decisions of National Labor Relations Board; Exclusions of some businesses, domestic service workers,...
- The Managerial Employee Concept in Canadian and American Labor Law: A Comparative Analysis. Gilardi, Ronald L. // Labor Law Journal;Jan93, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p56
This article focuses on managerial employee concept in Canadian and American labor law. Prior to the passage of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the U.S. Congress has debated its provisions and meanings. But despite all historical developments concerning NLRA, managerial employees appear...
- A term of disaffection. Amphlett, Jane; Yeomans, Richard // Employers Law;Feb2003, p17
Discusses the legal and practical implications of the legislation Fixed Term Employees Regulations 2002 in Great Britain. Provisions of the legislation; Advice for fixed-term employees if a company refuses to renew their contract; Factors to consider regarding the pay and conditions of...
- New employee law may place added burden on employers. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/18/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p3
Presents information on the March 1, 1996, employee law in New York state, and its impact on employers. Analysis of the law; Reasons for the change; Failure to uphold the law.
- Tupe update. McMullen, John // People Management;8/19/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p25
Discusses the legal aspect of claiming Tupe rights by employees in Great Britain. Details on the Allen versus Amalgamated Construction case; Primary concern of group economic entity theory; What the Tupe rights provide to employees.
- lOn-call time under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Phillips, Eric // Michigan Law Review;Aug97, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p2633
Discusses the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) in the United States. Factors which have clouded the line between work time and personal time; Information on on-call employees; Reference to the minimum wage and overtime requirements of the FLSA; Details on the act.
- QUIZ: Test your employment law knowledge:. // Paper 360;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p30
A quiz about employment law knowledge is presented.
- Not so free agents. Firth, Judith // People Management;11/11/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p27
Deals with the changes in the employment status of workers in Europe. Implications of the change in the definition of workers; Court decision on the case Clark versus Oxfordshire Health Authority; Pieces of advice on categorizing drivers who worked on as and when required basis.
- Syria. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep70, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p53
Reports on developments in the labor law and legislation in Syria as of September 1970. Government regulations prohibiting dismissal of workers without prior approval of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.