Pierce handles apparatus rollovers with air
- CRASH TESTS. Tilyou, Bridgette // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p64
Introduces the RollTek rollover protection system for firefighters. Features of the technology; Components of the system; Product availability; Safety features.
- Rush to the Rescue! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1 (Teacher's Edition);Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p7
Presents a guide to teachers in educating students about the job of firefighters and fire-prevention unit. Activities involved in the subject; Information on the fire equipment; Resources.
- Saving property: Salvage operations, part 3. PASCOCELLO, JR., ANTHONY J. // Fire Engineering;Sep97, Vol. 150 Issue 9, p69
Part III. Discusses how properly deployed salvage covers can protect contents and catch runoff water during fire fighters' salvage operations. Precautionary measure before conducting water removal operations; Several way of removing water; Other equipments used in removing water in salvage...
- PROPER POSITIONING OF APPARATUS. Lopina, Michael J. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p34
Reports the importance of proper positioning of apparatus on the success of fire fighters operation in New York. Advantage of proper staging and vehicle placement; Role of incident commander in eliminating freelancing; Factors contributing to the limitation of fire access.
- Training Notebook: IT'S NOT THE GLOVES; IT'S YOU. Dow, Paul // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p18
The article focuses on the issue regarding firefighters in the U.S. on the difficulty of using structure gloves. It was stated that with proper training, anyone can operate with a high level of proficiency while wearing the most cumbersome structure gloves. A certain fire department in the...
- National Fire Fighter Wildland Corp. Fire Control Concentrate. // Wildfire;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p19
The article offers brief information on the SILV-EX PLUS Class A foam concentrate from National Fire Fighter Corp.
- Definitely not Fireman Sam. // Fire Safety Engineering;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
The article reports on the move of F&G Commercials to donate a MAXUS fire engine to firefighters in Yorkshire, England. According to the article, the fire engine vehicle features a space for breathing apparatus and carries two ladders. In addition, it states that the vehicle will be utilized by...
- Mobile attack slip-in. // Wildfire;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p15
The article offers brief information on the Mobile attack slip-in from National Fire Fighter Corp.
- FIREFIGHTING LIFTS IN PLACE. // Elevator World;Aug2009, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p52
The article describes the standards adopted by the Netherlands for its firefighting lifts. The standard described in EN 81-72 was implemented in 2003 and requires firefighting lifts to have a design that removes water from the pit by installing a pump or overflow exit. Other requirements include...