FEMA launches RAMP
- Fire Safety Map. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct99, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p4
Presents an illustrative example on how to get out of a house during a fire.
- The Fire's at Our House! Bryant, Steve // Public Management (00333611);Aug2000, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p3
Presents an article about a house fire. Lessons learned from experiencing the fire; Safety measures needed; Importance of having a well-trained and fully equipped fire department.
- ESCAPE PLAN. // Jack & Jill;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p9
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a fire escape plan.
- Fire in the bay: Incident emergency management system at work. Knight, Jerry G. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p119
Details the collision of a phosphate ship with two fuel-carrying barges, resulting in a fire that put the Tampa Florida Fire Department's newly formed incident emergency management system (IEMS) strategy to the test. IEMS as a strategy for molding the available public and private resources into...
- Analysis of Vehicle Fire Statistics in New Zealand Parking Buildings. Yuguang Li; Michael Spearpoint // Fire Technology;Jun2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p93
Abstractï¿½ï¿½The risk of fire in parking buildings is dependant on the probability of a fire occurring and the severity of the fire. This paper reviews the research data available on vehicle fires and suggests the severity of such a fire for a risk analysis. The paper then examines the...
- Fire escape plan helps protect kids in emergency. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);5/1/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p7
The article offers tips in making a fire escape plan to protect kids in emergency in Aurora, Illinois.
- FROM A DISTANCE. // American Photo;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p26
A photograph of depicting three women during a fire incident is presented.
- Wildfire in England. // Crisis Response Journal;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on a wildfire at Swinley Forest in Berkshire, England, where 300 hectares were damaged.
- Tips to Protect Your Family. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;11/1/2002, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p8
Presents tips on protecting the family from wildfires. Availability of fire emergency numbers; Development of an evacuation plan; Identification of outside water source.
- `To-do' lists enhance incident management. Coleman, John F. // Fire Engineering;Mar1997, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p111
Presents the author's to-do lists for emergency management. Background on how the author came up with the list; Author's career history in the fire service; Benefits of carrying a clipboard in managing an incident; Tips on ranking incident priorities; Tips on making to-do lists for fire services.