Cause of ignition, 1st half of 2003
- Some Notable Fires Since 1920. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p190
Presents a list of some notable fires which occurred since 1920 in the United States.
- In the News. // Emergency Management;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p12
The article places emphasis on the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs, Colorado that left two people dead, displaced over 35,000, destroyed more than 345 homes and scorched more than 29 square miles before it was contained on July 10, 2012.
- Ashes to ashes. // New Internationalist;Nov98, Issue 307, p6
Provides information on the extent of destruction caused by the fires which hit Indonesia in the early months of 1998. Damage to the Kutai National Park, the Wein River orangutan sanctuary and the limestone forests; Origin of the fire.
- WHEN CHICAGO BURNED. // American Heritage;Aug1963, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p54
A photo essay which documents the devastation caused by the disastrous fire on October 8, 1871 in Chicago, Illinois is presented.
- Hatibagan market fire. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);8/14/2015, p1
The article offers information regarding the fire which broke out in two apparel shops in Hatibagan market on 13, August 2015 and states that a trader informed the fire services immediately and due to the swift action by the traders and their employees a major disaster was averted.
- The Cost of the Los Alamos Fire. Stutz, Roger A. // AACE International Transactions;2001, p7.1
Provides a brief day-by-day summary of the main events of the Cerro Grande fire in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Direct and support costs of the fire; Wildlife and forest damages.
- Shop, godowns razed by fire. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);2/3/2015, p20
The article reports on the fire that broke out in Amherst Street in Calcutta, India.
- Giving an Early Thanks to All Who Have Helped. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p38
Editorial. Focuses on the necessity for thanksgiving following the fire disaster in San Diego County, California. Support of several people for the fire victims; Evacuation of people to Qualcomm Stadium; Donation for food and clothng .
- KEEPING FIRES AT BAY. Feizkhah, Elizabeth; Fitzgerald, Michael // Time International (South Pacific Edition);
Examines bushfires in Australia and the property the fires destroy. Number of homes lost in the devastating bushfires over the years; Findings that most of the houses destroyed were ill protected and ill prepared; How the government is looking at ways to build fire defenses into houses and...