Paulison: DHS, USFA renew fire service commitment
- II. USFA administrator Carrye B. Brown responds. Brown, Carrye B. // Fire Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 151 Issue 12, p48
Part II. Presents the response of United States Fire Administration (USFA) head to the report of the Blue Ribbon Panel Members. Budget leadership and management; Measurement of success; Recognition of staff accomplishments; USFA Workload Study and the auditor's report; Liabilities of the...
- USFA to establish national fire department database. // Fire Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Fire Administration to create a national database of fire departments. Data included in the National Fire Department Census; Availability of data to the public through CD-ROM.
- USFA reschedules EFO Symposium. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/24/2013, p1
The article announces that the 25th Annual Executive Fire Officer Program Graduate Symposium of the U.S. Fire Administration's National Fire Academy is going to be held on September 6-8, 2013.
- Some 5,200 departments awarded 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p48
Reports that thousands of fire departments received cash assistance from the 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants program of the U.S. Fire Administration. Contact information.
- USFA: Fire departments respond to structure fires within 5 minutes, 50% of the time. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p80
The article reports on the response time of fire departments in fire incidents as gathered by the Structure Fire Response Times of the U.S. Fire Administration. According to the report, which is based on the 2001 and 2002 National Fire Incident Reporting System, the response time of the fire...
- USFA urges fire departments to participate in census. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p84
The article reports on the encouragement of the U.S. Fire Administration for fire departments to comply in the National Fire Department Census. The census database, which can be completed online, by mail or by fax, includes basic information of fire departments including its specialized...
- Senate committee OKs USFA reauthorization. // Fire Chief;Jul2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Fire Administration Reauthorization Act. Provisions of the legislation; Amendment to the legislation.
- Untitled. // Fire Chief;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p9
Offers fire services-related news as of December 2003. Total incidents reported by fire departments to the U.S. Fire Administration's National Fire Data Center; Types and percentage of incidents that occurred in 2003 according to information gathering firm Essential Data Solutions.
- DHS Sets Application Periods for Grants. // Fire Chief;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the start of application for the 2005 Assistance to Firefighters grants by the U.S. Fire Administration. Deadline of the application; Terms and conditions for the application; Objectives of the 2005 grant programs.