- APPARATUSDELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p130
The article features fire trucks from several fire departments in the U.S. The Houston, Pennsylvania Fire Department has a Pierce pumper with 179 inch wheelbase for small rural areas with narrow streets. The Kalona, Iowa Fire Department's Alexis rescue truck has enough storage, provides a safer...
- When 1 is Better Than 2. Martin, Pat // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;4/ 1/2011, p3
The article evaluates the hazardous materials (hazmat) response vehicles used by the Glendale Fire Department in Glendale, Arizona from SVI Trucks Inc.
- MATCH YOUR GENSET TO YOUR APPLICATION. Gougebas, Ann // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p76
Presents a list of fire-rescue vehicles and genset types and sizes that match the application. Capacity of power-take-off and hydraulic generators for use in rescue vehicles; Applicability of portable gensets for brush trucks; Power requirements of command centers.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan2012, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p145
The article presents information about several fire department emergency vehicles, including the RESCUE 1 motor vehicle accident rescue truck designed by the Rombout, New York Fire Department, the ROSENBAUER pumper truck developed by the High Rolls, New Mexico Fire Department, and the PIERCE...
- How to inspect, maintain fire apparatus after disaster response. Faulkner, Jimmy // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/ 9/2013, p1
The article focuses on fire service apparatus maintenance after disaster response. It suggests that emergency vehicle technicians (EVT) conduct an after-action review that starts with a visual inspection of the vehicle, inspecting the tires first before it leaves the incident scene. Other...
- Fire Apparatus Operator Preventive Maintenance. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 157, p42
Provides tips for preventive maintenance (PM) of fire apparatus. Coverage of the PM program; Frequency of PM inspection; Citations of the devices in the vehicles that needs to be ensured for safety.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p117
The article offers information on several vehicles used by different emergency and fire departments in the U.S. A rescue truck from Marion Body is being used by the Rutherford County Emergency Management Agency in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for responding to chemical, biological, radiological and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;May2012, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p143
The article offers brief information on several firefighting apparatus including Response Marine rescue boat of Marbury, Maryland's 10th Distrcit Volunteer Department, SVI Trucks rescue vehicle of Merced County (CA) Fire Department and Pierce platform of Red White and Blue Fire Protection District.
- APPARATUSDELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p196
The article features apparatus delivery vehicle acquisitions by fire departments. The KME heavy rescue truck was purchased by the Peoria Fire Department in Illinois, to replace a smaller one. The Crash Rescue Equipment Service ARFF unit was acquired by the Washington D.C. Fire Department to...