Command or collapse
- SCBA Confidence Course. Clark, Allen // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p112
Focuses on the SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) Confidence Course offered by fire departments for retraining of its firefighters in the United States. Course features; Facility planning; Training methods; Training evolutions.
- Untitled. Puckett, Gary // Ellis County Press;5/19/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the Control Training conducted by the Red Oak Fire Department (ROFD) of Red Oak, Texas at 408 South Highway 35E Service Road on May 13, 2011.
- Firefighters broaden rescue skills. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, NT);7/25/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the five-day technical rescue course of seven firefighters from Hay River Fire Department in Northwest, Territories in July 2012.
- Time to fine-tune training. Duncan, John R. // Fire Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p10
Details how fire departments can meet the public's expectations on their performance. Implementation of effective training; Factors that enhance ineffective training session include poor selection and training of the trainer; Tips on how to implement fine-tuning training; Gathering of support...
- Quality training: One approach. Buchanan, Eddie // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p8
Describes the program developed by Virginia's Hanover County Fire Department to train volunteers. Categories of the program; Fireground Operations course; Absolute maximum training a new volunteer can have; Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions; Intermediate firefighter training: Specialty...
- 21ST CENTURY TRAINING: CINCINNATI GOES HIGH-TECH. Siereveld, Steve // Fire Engineering;Mar2002, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p73
Features the Cincinnati Fire Division in Ohio. Advantage of in-service training; Revamp of the training program; Development of a CD- and DVD-based training.
- INSTRUCTOR SWAPPING: SHARING KNOWLEDGE AT NO COST. Haigh, Craig A. // Fire Engineering;Mar2002, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p105
Focuses on the exchange of trainers between fire departments in the U.S. Elimination of the cost of expertise training; Sharing of assessment center resources and assessors; Importance of cooperation between departments.
- TRAINING THE BEST TO PREPARE FOR THE WORST. Coleman, John // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p173
Details the training program implemented by the Toledo Fire and Rescue (TFR) department in Ohio. Establishment of the Bureau of Homeland Security by the TFR; Resources assessment guidelines used by TFR; Firefighting procedures adopted by the department.
- COMBS DRAWN BY FIRE FIRE ENGINEERING. // Fire Engineering;Nov2015, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p36
A cartoon is presented about Rapid intervention team (RIT) firefighters' training in the fire departments.
- Technical Rescue Training Zone. // Fire;Feb2015, Vol. 110 Issue 1375, p21
A review is offered for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service's (SFRS) Technical Rescue Training Zone, a training facility for the firefighters, located in Cambuslang on the outskirts of Glasgow, Scotland.