Device offers insight into what fuels Hot Shots
- Hotshot Trots. Davidson, Nick // Santa Fe Reporter;8/29/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p31
The article describes how wildland firefighters of Santa Fe and around New Mexico stay in shape, noting that the hotshots must pass a fitness test, six months training, and Work Capacity Test in order to battle wildfires through long days on rough terrain, an endurance feat that could last 14 days.
- Hotshot Firefighter. // Scholastic Action;4/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p16
Interviews Arrowhead Hotshots wild-land firefighter Christopher Long of the United States.
- In Arizona, Battling Wildfires- And The Media. Gaschen, Dennis John // Public Relations Tactics;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on mass media coverage of wildfires in Arizona. Southwest Area Wildland Fire Operation; Battling of the Rodeo-Chediski Fire; Controlled fire media coverage.
- Behind the fire lines. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 193, p12
No abstract available.
- Statewide mutual-aid activation for the 2012 Karlstad wildiand-urban interface fire. Roed, Bruce // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p32
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of responding to wildland fires at Karlstad as a fire service specialist.
- Crews contain 10% of Colorado wildfire. Elliott, Dan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 213, p8
The article offers information on the efforts of the firefighters to cease the wildfire in Colorado, which was the most destructive blaze in its history.
- When Saving Lives Requires Outside the Box Thinking. Call, Matt // UFRA Straight Tip;Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience doing a few helicopter bucket operational rappels into a wildland fire at the Pole Creek in the Deschutes National Forest, Oregon.
- IAWF Supports Upcoming CFSI Events. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/27/2013, p14
The article reports that board members of the International Association of Wildland Fire (IAWF) including president Dan Bailey and executive director Mikel Robinson will attend the 25th annual Congressional Fire Services Institute dinner in Washington D.C. on May 8-9, 2013.
- Rural, suburban or urban-- it's still fire. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p4
Editorial. Explores the importance of wildland fire fighter safety, according to U.S. Forest Service Fire and Aviation director Jerry Williams. Standard firefighting orders being followed by wildland fire fighters; Susceptibility of fire fighters to cognitive bias; Common sense in the wildland...