Education Committee hearings
Tags: PUBLIC schools
- Florida determined to solve school overcrowding problem. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p26
Focuses on school overcrowding in Florida. Issue on how local districts spend money; Revenue-raising options; Accountability issues.
- Virginia. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p27
Reports on the decision of the Henrico County Board of Supervisors, Virginia, to borrow the $140.6 million it needs for a school renovation and expansion plan over the next eight years from 1997 through the Virginia Public School Authority.
- California's Beaumont School District Penalized for Misrepresenting Enrollment. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p4
Focuses on the penalty imposed by the board that assigns funds for public school construction on the Beaumont Unified School District at San Francisco in California for misrepresenting enrollment figures. Details of the penalty; Comments of executive officer of the Office of Public School...
- Ohio Plans $318 Million for Buildings, Schools in July. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p5
Reports on the plans of Ohio to issue funds to common schools in the state as of July 2003. Revenue bonds that Ohio Building Authority have decided to issue; Ratings affirmed for the common school bonds; Increase in sale tax to meet the funds.
- Faith in Vouchers. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p41
Reports on the approval of Denver Public Schools to participate in the state's voucher program in Colorado.
- Class Consciousness. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p31
Reports on the plans of suburban Albuquerque, New Mexico-based Rio Rancho Public Schools to build two elementary schools as part of a $21.5 million bond proposal planned for February 2003. Key priorities of the schools; Comments of superintendent of schools, Sue Cleveland on the issue of portables.
- Overview of U.S. Public Schools, Fall 1997: Alabama-Missouri. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p248
No abstract available.
- Overview of U.S. Public Schools, Fall 1997: Montana-Wyoming. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p248
No abstract available.
- OHIO PUBLIC. // Cincinnati;Apr2003, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p76
Focuses on the priorities of the public schools related to academic standards and building improvements in Ohio. Importance of early literacy; Need for the schools to keep the families informed about what their children are expected to know; Idea behind creating standards; Important issues to...
- OHIO PUBLIC SCHOOLS. // Cincinnati;Apr2003, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p80
Presents detailed information on the public schools in Ohio as of April 2003. Name of the school that was recommended by the state for improving its academic performance; Website address for information on Cincinnati Public Schools; Number of elementaries at Kings Local Schools.