- New Jersey expands thermal imaging camera program. // Fire Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p52
Reports that the New Jersey State Division of Fire Safety's purchase of thermal imaging cameras for its fire training academies. State appropriation for the equipment.
- FIRST Look. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p122
Introduces various security products. Strobe covers for fire protection systems; Motion detectors; Compact DSP cameras; Digital time lapse recorders.
- A review of tools and equipment the fire code official. French, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;July/Aug2012, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p28
The article discusses the tools and equipment a fire code official should have which include measuring devices, and portable electronics with digital cameras. It states that measuring devices confirm if materials are properly located with sufficient width, accurately measure large spaces and...
- Thermal image launch. // Fire;Feb2015, Vol. 110 Issue 1375, p56
The article offers information on the K55, a thermal imaging firefighting camera for on-board video recording, from Flir Systems.
- THERMAL IMAGING CAMERA CAN AVERT DISASTER. Westley, Gavin; Smits, Jerry // Civil Engineering (10212000);Sep2015, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p68
The article focuses on the use of advanced thermal imaging cameras as fire defence on transporting warm materials or instances of fire danger. Topics include the launch of the Land Arc cameras from Land, a company specialising in the design and manufacture of monitors and thermal-based...
- Surprise Packages. CIAMPO, MICHAEL N. // Fire Engineering;Dec2016, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p104
The article presents the author's insights on his experience in the fire service regarding a store or a commercial structure. Topics discussed include the security system of the store, the use of thermal imaging camera (TIC) to search for signs of fire, and the lack of security sysem on the...
- Nothing alarming about new fire detection systems. Reinbach, Andrew // Buildings;Oct93, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p64
Reports on issues to consider in selecting fire protection systems. Computer-based systems; Standards solved only by software; Complexity in modern buildings creating modern fires and resulting in new fire codes; Regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Complex monitoring...
- To detect & protect. // Buildings;Oct96, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p88
Focuses on a number of fire safety products. Fire Control Instruments Incorporated's Supplementary Notification Appliance Circuit panel; Edwards Systems Technology's life safety devices; Notifier's Notifier UniNet.
- Sound the alarm. // Current Health 2;Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Explains the proper placement and maintenance of smoke detectors. National Fire Prevention Week, which takes place in October; Advice from the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA); When fatal home fires are most likely to occur; Replacement of batteries.