- Products Services Media. // Fire Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p122
Presents fire prevention equipment and services offered by several companies in the United States. Includes hose drying system; Power doors; Dielectrokinetic detector; Intercom system.
- Fire suppression innovations "Made in Minnesota.". Magdal, George // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p14
The article provides information on Tetrako, a fire fighting product that sticks to vertical and ceiling surfaces and can be pumped through standard fire equipment from EarthClean Corp., and Stat-X First Responder, tool designed to aid in the suppression of confined space fires from Fireaway Inc.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT IN WILDFIRE ENTRAPMENTS. Mangan, Richard J. // Fire Management Notes;1995, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p9
At U.S.-based Missoula Technology and Development Center (MTDC) fire equipment specialists routinely investigate wildland fire entrapments to ensure that firefighting equipment and techniques are appropriate. Fire shelters were used to protect some firefighters from high levels of radiant heat...
- Darley Strengthens Relationships and Introduces New Technology at Intershutz. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, special section p1
Reports on the participation of W.S. Darley & Co. in the Interschutz, an international fire trade show held in Hanover, Germany on June 6-11, 2005. Number of exhibitors and visitors; Technology showcased in the show.
- Equipment News. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, special section p7
Features fire extinction equipment and supplies available in the United States as of August 2005. ZeroTorque from Akron Brass; Jumbo Lok from Performance Advantage and Ziamatic; Conder LED from Federal Signal.
- BAFE Scheme in line with RRO. // Fire Safety Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the BAFE approved technicians scheme continues to develop as the role of competent persons. It is reported that it attains even greater prominence in the new Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and the benefits of third party certification are increasingly recognized...
- CDF Test-Dropping Colored Gels. // Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p7
Reports on the use of class A fire-retardant gels by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection air tankers. Features of the class A fire-retardant gels; Advantages and benefits in using the fire-retardant gels; Rules and guidelines in the application of the gels.
- West-Mark Debuts Interface Pumper. // Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p7
Reports that West-Mark of Ceres, California, has introduced its Patriot interface pumper to bridge the gap between wildland and structure pumpers. Features of the Patriot; Advantages and benefits in using the Patriot interface pumper; Rules and guidelines in the application of the interface pumper.
- STRONG HAND. Patterson, Tom // Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p20
Assesses the application of geospatial technologies to wildfire management. Importance of maps as essential tools for fighting wildfires; Need of firefighters to deploy resources safely; Problems and challenges faced by firefighters in wildfire management.