- 'Horns get sprinklered. // Contractor Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p1
States that the University of Texas in Austin, Texas will complete a fire sprinkler retrofit project in 2006. Decision of the university to install sprinklers in six residence halls; Company that handle the installation project; Details of the project.
- Fraternity Row. Comeau, Ed // Fire Chief;Aug2007, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p44
The article focuses on the efforts of fire departments and universities to take steps in addressing the high fire death rates in off-campus housing and Greek housing in the U.S. The Southern Methodist University in Texas has a program of voluntarily putting sprinklers into the nine Greek houses...
- Aggies get sprinklered. // Contractor Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the sprinkler retrofit program of Texas A&M University in College Station. Value of the program; Reasons for the establishment of the program; Details of fire protection systems installed at school dormitories.
- Don't Wait for Tragedy Before Requiring Sprinklers. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/10/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p68
Editorial. Focuses on New Jersey's passage of legislation requiring the installation of fire sprinklers in college dormitories. Importance of the measure to prevent dormitory fire-related tragedies in the state; National efforts to install sprinklers in student housing at colleges and...
- Fire Marshal: Sprinkler Could've Limited Fire Damage at Wyo. College. // Community College Week;4/26/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p19
Stresses the importance of automatic sprinkler system in relation to the Northwest College Dormitory fire in Powell, Wyoming in 2004. Details of the fire incident; Legislative issues involving the sprinkler systems in Wyoming; Advantages of the systems.
- Some residence halls in Mississippi still lack sprinkler systems. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/14/2013, p5
The article reports on the failure of the state government of Mississippi to install sprinkler systems at the residence halls of its eight public universities following the death of three students at a fraternity house fire.
- Sprinkler extinguishes university fire. Jenna M. McKnight // Fire Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p68
This article focuses on information related to outbreak of fire at Drew University in Madison, New Jersey. A fire sprinkler knocked down a fire in a dormitory room at Drew University. The fire, which broke out around 8:30 p.m.. was caused by a student's cigarette. The fire was contained to the...
- Wyoming to sprinkler all dormitories. // Contractor Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the voluntary effort by the University of Wyoming in Laramie and several community colleges in the state to install fire sprinklers in all dormitories as of April 2005. Budget allotted by the state legislature for sprinkler retrofits; States that require sprinkler retrofitting at...
- Dorm sprinklers: Retrofitting is in. Collins, Lisa // State Government News;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p19
Discusses the actions taken by some U.S. state governments to enforce the retrofitting of fire sprinklers at university dormitories. Development of a sprinkler installation plan for universities in Kentucky; Enactment of a bill in New Jersey after a fire at Seton Hall University; Provisions of...