Beat the rumor mill at its own game
- A GOOD EXAMPLE. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Sep2009, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p28
The article offers information on the accomplishments of fire chief Randy Bruegman at the fire department in Fresno, California. It mentions that for over 30 years of fire service, Bruegman has published two books on fire services, has held leadership positions, and has been chosen as the 2009...
- Stunted Growth. Ray, Shane // Fire Chief;May2008, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses how fire chiefs can address small issues that will affect changes in organizational culture. The author said that the image that chiefs project matters even when it is something as simple and yet detailed as a T-shirt. It is said that chiefs can influence, guide and lead...
- THE LISTENING ARTIST. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Sep2009, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p34
The article focuses on fire chief James Seavey who is the 2009 Volunteer Chief of the Year in the U.S. It mentions that Seavey first joined the fire service as volunteer firefighter when he was 16-years-old. It mentions that the career of Seavey was marked by service as he donated and spent his...
- Fire Chief - Stockton, California. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/7/2012, p1
The article announces the search of the city of Stockton in California for a fire chief in 2012.
- How white is your helmet? Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p6
Opinion. Discusses the ideal fire chief. Changing image and nature of the job; Views regarding fire chiefs not being involved in actual fire-fighting events; Fire service's need for a chief providing both field and administrative leadership; List of qualities of a model fire chief.
- Fire Chief -- City of Littleton, Colo. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/17/2013, p2
The article announces the search for a fire chief at the City of Littleton, Colorado.
- The dual obligation: The organization vs. our people. Angione, Charles R. // Fire Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p159
Focuses on the dual obligation of a fire officer to the fire department and the citizens he or she serves. Officers' obligation to subordinates; Possibility of conflict between the separate obligations to one's superiors and subordinates; Importance of doing one's duty without subverting the truth.
- CORRECTION. // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p14
Provides a correction to the cover photo of the December 2002 issue of the "Fire Chief" journal.
- PEOPLE NEWS. // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p19
Reports on developments about fire chiefs in the U.S. as of February 2003.