- Fire chiefs honor MLM for FR tech. // Furniture/Today;3/17/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p64
Reports on the recognition of McKinnon-Land-Moran by the California Fire Chiefs Association with an Award for Innovation in Fire Protection. Company's fire-resistant barrier technologies; Demonstration of products at the 2002 technology showcase of the CFCA.
- Basofil gears up for FR fiber push. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p30
Reports on the development of basofil fiber testing center of McKinnon-Land Moran LLC in North Carolina. Plans of chief executive officer Bob McKinnon to increase the production of Basofil fiber; Capabilities of Basofil fiber; Usability of the fiber to furniture industry.
- Inside Basofil: The making of an FR fiber. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p31
Focuses on the production of an fiber-resistant fiber from McKinnon-Land Moran LLC in North Carolina. Usability of the flame-resistant material in making mattresses; Creation of product using six different raw materials; Classification of the Basofil fibers.
- MLM to Buy BASF Basofil Unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/24/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the agreement signed by McKinnon-Land-Moran (MLM) LLC to buy the Basofil heat and flame resistant fiber business of BASF AG. Assets included in the purchase; Background on the chemical Basofil; Significance of the business purchase to MLM.
- Basofil gears up for FR fiber push. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;2004 Bedding Yearbook, Vol. 28, p22
Discusses the inventory of flame-resistant Basofil fibers by Asheville, North Carolina-based McKinnon-Land-Moran. Increase of the finished goods inventory every month; Use of a technology to provide fire protection for firefighters; Strategy to increase production of Basofil fibers.
- MLM to buy flame-resistant Basofil. // Furniture/Today;6/24/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p22
Reports the decision of the McKinnon-Land-Moran company to purchase the Basofil heat and flame-resistant fiber business from BASF company in Charlotte, North Carolina. Statement of chief executive Bob McKinnon on the company patents of the fibers; Reasons of purchasing the product;...
- Ireland products will use Basofil FR fibers. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;7/24/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p172
The article reports that businesswoman Kathy Ireland is adding fire-resistant products to her growing stable of home furnishings lines in 2006. Her company Kathy Ireland Worldwide has partnered with McKinnon-Land-Moran LLC for the use of its Basofil flame-resistant fiber technology, already in...
- COMPANY ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p142
Reports developments in business in the U.S. as of August 2002. Acquisition of BASOFIL heat and flame-resistant fiber business of BASF by McKinnon-Land-Moran, LLC; Consolidation between Lion Apparel Inc. and Starfield Safetywear; Merger between Zellweger Analytics and Lumidor Safety Products.
- news in brief. // Fire Engineering;Dec2015, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p32
The article offers global fire department news briefs as of December 1, 2015. New standards of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) designed guidelines for improved safety for ambulances. Fire suppression system makers Tyco Fire Protection company with Ansul Inc., have launched the online...