Florida firefighters earn MSA's Fireslayer award
- MSA's FireSlayerÂ® of the Year: Jacksonville Firefighters Murphy, Smith. // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the recognition of fire fighters Rick Murphy and Philip Smith of the Jacksonville, Florida Fire and Rescue Department with the MSA FireSlayer of the Year. Smith and Murphy's rescue of a family from a burning house in August 2002.
- Firefighters Award 2011. // Crisis Response Journal;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p68
The article announces awards given to firefighters, wherein the 63-strong UK-ISAR team sent to Japan and the 62-strong UK team sent to New Zealand both received the Worshipful Company of Firefighters (WCoFF) Award.
- Lifetime, Training Achievement Awards Presented at FDIC 2008. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p58
The article announces two awards given to firefighters including the Fire Engineering Lifetime Achievement Award to Battalion Chief (Ret.) John W. Mitttendorf of Los Angeles Fire Department and the Tom Brennan Training Achievement Award to Captain Casey Phillips, Captain Phil Jose, Lieutenant...
- NVFC announces deadlines for applications for awards. // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p40
Announces the July 1, 1998 deadline for filing applications for the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) `Firefighter of the Year Award' and Marc Mueller Award of Excellence. Significance of the award; Contact information.
- ELB VFD honors. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/14/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p3A
The article reports that Jim Smitherman and Frank Key received the Fire Support Man of the Year award and the Fireman of the Year Award from Hill County 100 Club in Burnet, Texas.
- Kosik honored for half century of service. // East Bernard Express (TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1
The article announces the grant of a loyalty award to Jerry Kosik for his 50 years of service to the East Bernard Volunteer Fire Department in Texas.
- Chamber hands out awards. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/30/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
The article reports the awards given to several firefighters by the Lake Whitney Chamber of Commerce in Texas.
- Jewels in our midst. Lynch, Andrew // Fire;Jan2013, Vol. 105 Issue 1353, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including an award for employees in fire rescue services, response to an article by Lord Michael Bichard who questions fire and rescue services in England and the Gore Research Excellence Awards.
- Firefighters honored. // Ellis County Press;12/15/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p1
A photograph is presented of the Ferris Fire Department award recipients including Thomas Griffith, Tylor Griffith and Scott Mitchell.