Nomex-based coveralls fireproof U.S. soldiers, save money
- Personal Protective Clothing: Purchasing Flame-Resistant Secondary Clothing. Gojdics, Richard // Professional Safety;Oct2002, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p56
Discusses the need to provide primary or secondary personal protective clothing in the United States. Differences between primary and secondary personal protective clothing; Tips in choosing protective clothing; Flame-resistant secondary clothing. INSET: Standards & Test Methods for...
- Top 10 Things to Consider When Buying FR Clothing. // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;12/31/2014, p1
The article offers tips on what to consider when purchasing flame-resistant (FR) clothing.
- Snug jackets counter process fires. // Professional Engineering;01/12/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p48
Announces the availability of fire protection jackets called Furmajet, which offers a different approach to nullifying the effects of high temperature jet fires. Causes of jet fires; Features of Furmajet; Construction of and materials used in Furmajet.
- PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p38
Describes the launch of protective clothing in the United States. Flame-resistant protective clothing; Protective overalls; Reflective rainwear.
- UniFirst Donates Protective Shirts to Soldiers in Iraq. // Apparel Magazine;Jun2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p46
The article reports on the donation made by UniFirst Corp., a Massachusetts-based manufacturer and supplier of uniforms, work clothing and protective garments, to the U.S. Army National Guard. It has donated 450 custom flame-resistant T-shirts to the National Guard to show its support of the...
- Predicting Comfort of Flame Resistant Clothing. Margolin, Scott // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;5/30/2012, p2
The article discusses issues related to predicting comfort of flame resistant (FR) and arc-rated (AR) clothing. It is noted that the perception of comfort is subjective and defies objective, quantified analysis. Breathability and weight are the two fabric comfort characteristics that are...
- PROTECTION that's woven in New fibers enhance comfort of FR clothing. Hennessy, Patrick // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Nov2009, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p34
The article offers information on the variety of options for optimal flame and arc flash protection for specific workplace environments. It states that protective fabrics that are flame and arc flash resistant can provide comfort benefits. It also notes that fabrics made with flame resistant...
- WOMEN'S FR GARMENTS: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. Stoner, Sherryl // EHS Today;Sep2015, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p37
The article offers insights for companies on selecting flame-resistant (FR) garments, and things to consider when choosing FR garments for female employees. It notes that the FR garments must be tried on to make sure that there is a fit for all workers. Also suggested are examining the fabric...
- What is the Best Way to Repair FR Garments? // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;9/28/2015, p1
The article offers information on how to safely repair the flame-resistant (FR) clothing.