Ridge pledges commitment in CFSI dinner speech
- Ridge Pushes Trade. Brayman, Matthew // Business Mexico;Mar2004, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p42
Reports on U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge's visit to Mexico, wherein he addressed key bilateral issues. Ridge's presentation of a plan to fast-track commercial advancements on the border; Ridge's defense of U.S. President George W. Bush's migration plan; Statement by Ridge that...
- Ridge tapped for anti-terror post. // State Government News;Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p6
Reports that Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge will oversee the United States Office of Homeland Security aimed at thwarting terrorism in the country. Successor of Ridge in his gubernatorial position in line with his appointment; Educational and career background of Ridge.
- Ridge Resigns; DHS Plans Stand Still. // Fire Chief;Dec2004, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p9
Reports on national policy initiatives awaited by the fire service that appear to have been stalled at the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Resignation of White House cabinet members, including that of DHS Secretary Tom Ridge; Silence on the National Response Plan,...
- Meet Tom Ridge, First Risk Manager Of The U.S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/29/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 44, p48
Editorial. Comments on the appointment of Tom Ridge, former governor of Pennsylvania, as head of the Office of Homeland Security in the United States. Information on Ridge's marching orders on the White House Web site; Responsibilities of Ridge; Official title of Ridge.
- Fighting Terrorism. Ridge, Tom // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p230
Presents a speech by Tom Ridge, secretary of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security, delivered at the London School of Economics in England on January 14, 2005. Discussion on the need for global response against terrorism; Impact of the tsunami disaster on humanity; Views on the...
- IN SEARCH OF SECURE SOLUTIONS. Simendinger, Alexis // National Journal;6/8/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p1711
Interviews Tom Ridge, appointed Homeland Security Director in the U.S.. Aim of the department in presenting a document on the government's capacity to combat terrorism; Views on consolidating federal agencies responsible for border management; Accomplishments of Ridge in his homeland security job.
- Ridge's Exit Delays Decision on Philadelphia Schools. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p56
Reports the impact of the resignation of Governor Tom Ridge on the possible state takeover of the school district in Pennsylvania. Appointment of Ridge as head of the nation's anti-terrorism body; Agreement to a delay for a plan of action for the underperforming district; Evaluation of the...
- Ridge's Troubled Waters. Vest, Jason // American Prospect;12/3/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p10
Focuses on the U.S. Office of Homeland Security and its chief, former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge. Nature of Ridge's office in theory and in practice; Information on the Department of National Homeland Security Act; Possibility that Ridge's office will follow the path of the Central...
- More shakeup in Bush administration. Watson, Jamal E. // New York Amsterdam News;12/2/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 49, p6
This article presents information related to resignation of senior official serving in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. In a move that came as little surprise, Tom Ridge, secretary of homeland security, announced this week that he will not serve during U.S. President Bush's second term....