Two-prong test cuts to heart of workers' comp
- After fires are out, firefighters need support. // Graham Leader;4/24/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 72, p4A
The author reflects on the dangerous work of firefighters in Young County, Texas and their need of funds for fuel, equipment, insurance and training.
- FCtv: Are Volunteers Heroes? // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p3
The article shares views on why volunteer firefighters in the U.S. should be considered as heroes.
- Fire renews faith in volunteer firemen. Potts, Tricia // East Bernard Express (TX);5/20/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p11
The article offers the author's insights on the appreciation for volunteer firefighters and smoke alarms in East Bernard, Texas as they save the house that was reportedly caught on fire by a lightning on May 14, 2010.
- VFD benefit held at Double Eagle Ranch. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p8B
The article offers information about a meeting of Volunteer Firefighter (VFD) Benefit to be held on October 28, 2012 at Marble Falls in Texas for raising the funds for area VFDs.
- Sunday fire. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the big fire in the southern part of Clarendon, Texas, which was responded by Clarendon's volunteer firemen, on February 17, 2013.
- NVFC offers training grants. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p32
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council Foundation (NVFC) is offering grants to county, local and regional fire schools.
- NVFC testifies on behalf of USFA. // Fire Engineering;Jun97, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p22
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) testified before the House Subcommittee on Basic Research to review the budget request for the United States Fire Administration (USFA) and National Fire Academy (NFA) programs. Amount of budget request; Benefits of the program.
- Fire calls. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/14/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 114, p3
The article reports on the response of the Saranac Lake Volunteer Fire Department in mutual aid of a structure fire on Lake Street in New York on May 13, 2009.
- LODD count in Texas explosion up to 11, sources say. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;4/19/2013, p3
The article discusses a report by State Firemen's and Fire Marshals' Association of Texas posted on its website that it has unconfirmed reports that 11 volunteer firefighters from West, Texas, are unaccounted for and are believed to be among the 12 victims who died in the Texas explosion.