RESCUE & EXTRICATION
- THE CUTTING EDGE: CORDLESS RECIPROCATING SAW. Siegel, Gary // Fire Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p121
Provides information on the battery-powered cordless reciprocating saw, a tool that can be used in fire fighting. Operation and lubrication; Saw blades; Battery recharging; Cutting uses.
- The safe use of power saws. Pressler, Bob // Fire Engineering;May99, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p85
Discusses the use of power saws as a firefighting tool. Transportation to the place of operation; Tasks to be completed before cutting; Methods to be used for forcible entry to locked buildings.
- Simple saw starting. Ciampo, Michael N. // Fire Engineering;Jul98, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p20
Discusses a method that teaches firefighters how to start a saw, an equipment used for fire extinction. Standard saw starting position; Description of the baseball catcher's stance; Benefits of using the method.
- USING A CHAIN SAW IN PEAKED-ROOF VENTILATION. Kertzie, Peter F. // Fire Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p91
Discusses the proper use of a chain saw in peaked-roof ventilation by United States fire fighters. Reasons for equipping the chain saw with a chain guard; Importance of putting a shoulder strap in the saw; Hand tools that should complement the chain saw.
- Did You Receive Your Spring 2006 Firefighting Catalog? // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, Special section p7
The article introduces several firefighting equipment released in 2006. JackStrap has been designed by FRC Group. Akron Zero Torque Nozzles is offered by Akron. W.S. Darley & Co. designs new ring saws, coring drills, shoring products and hand tools.
- RESCUE & EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p8
Features equipment and supplies for rescue work. Rescue beacon; Chain saw; Underwater camera; Circular saws.
- Power Saw Operations: How Proficient Are You? RICCI, FRANK; NORWOOD, P. J. // Fire Engineering;Mar2014, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p69
The article provides tips for firefighters on handling a power saw. This equipment is used for fire ventilation and forcible entry during fire rescue operations. Topics discussed include the importance of checking a power saw daily to ensure that it will work properly when needed, the correct...
- RESCUE & EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p7
Features several rescue and extrication equipment for use in fire management. Cribbing equipment; Rescue saw; Spreader; Rescue stretcher.
- RESCUE & EXTRICATION. // Fire Chief;May2005 Supplement, Vol. 49, p7
The article describes several fire rescue and extrication equipment. The lightweight and portable cutting equipment can be used to disable a vehicle, cut through ducts for alternate access, or open steel doors, locks and vaults from Seeler Enterprises. Professional Series specialty blades,...