APPARATUS & COMPONENTS
- Tool adaptation `tricks' Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p220
Provides tips on improvising key tools that could be valuable for forcible entry during firefighting operations. Fashioning a key tool from channel lock pliers, vise grip and halligan adz.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;May2010, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p179
The article offers information on various products, services and media for fire engineering and service, including the Auto Charge Status Center Model 091-189-12 universal battery voltage indicator from Kussmaul Electronics Co., the Wilki Rescue Strap from Wilki Rescue Tools, and the SureStart...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Jun2010, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p112
The article evaluates several fire service equipment/tools, including the Auto Charge Status Center, Model 091-189-12, from Kussmaul Electronics Co., nVision XT and nVision XTP Thermal Imaging Cameras from ISI, and 50Fuel and 40Fuel premixed gas and oil from TruSouth Oil.
- Fire extinguishers. Kimber, Robert // Country Journal;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p82
Gives details on fire extinguishers. Classes of fires; Types of extinguishers; Points to consider before buying; Proper use.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p142
Features several fire fighting vehicles and equipment. Pierce fire trucks built for the Kirby Fire Department in Texas; Seagrave Fire Apparatus fire truck built for the Wallington Fire Department in New Jersey; Chevrolet Suburban incident command unit; Southern Coach fire truck built for the...
- Products--services--media. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p146
Features several fire fighting equipment and supplies. Sharpeye 20/20L UV/IR Flame Detector from Spectrex Inc.; Digital Voice Recorder from Sigtronics; TMX412 Multi-Gas Monitor from Industrial Science Corp.; Omni-4000 Gas Detector from ENMET Corp.; Aluminum Suction Hose Tray and Bracket from...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p143
Features various equipment, supplies and services related to fire fighting. Includes firefighter training system; Fire engine; Sirens; Waterproof and body fluid-proof outerwear; Portable foam unit; Fireboats; Electric nozzle.
- Products, services, media. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p69
Presents the features of firefighting equipments in the United States. Includes the large diameter hose handler from Modern Rescue and Safety Equipment Inc; Questar Spotlight from Havis Shields Equipment Corporation; Model 2015 mirror from Velvac Inc; C-130 cutter from American Rescue...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p82
Presents products and services for fire fighting. Gas monitor from CEA Instruments Inc.; Standard Communications Corp.'s portable radio ; Head assembly for dry hydrants from Schlumburger Industries.