SCBA & PROTECTIVE CLOTHING
- product NEWS. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2009, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p52
The article evaluates several personal protective equipment including heat stress monitors from Quest Technologies Inc., warming packs from Allegro Industries Inc. and denim jacket from Walls Industries Inc.
- Robust and secure supplies in uncertain times. // Fire;Jan2013, Vol. 105 Issue 1353, p24
The article discusses the increasing demands of dependable safety appliances by fire fighters. It mentions that fire safety appliances suppliers should stay in contact to their customers and they should provide safety equipments to them according to their changing needs. It also offers informs...
- Thermal performance and limitations of bunking gear. Lawson, J. Randall // Fire Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p37
Studies the thermal performance and limitations of firefighters' protective clothing. Differences in responding to the three modes of heat transfer which include radiation and convection; Definition of thermal burns; Characteristics of firefighters' protective clothing and equipment...
- Firefighter's safety device. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/23/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 48, p22A
Presents an article on a patented firefighter's safety device, invented by Long Island, New York inventors Michael Stein and Patrick Maloney. Ability of the safety device to indicate the exit to a room during fire by light and sound; Provision of an alarm in the safety device to warn of...
- Total Heat Loss. Bove, Ron // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p130
Focuses on the test method Total Heat Loss (THL) for turnout gear. Definition of THL; Generation of excess body heat in wearing turnout gear; Measurement of heat stress.
- Not Your Father's Turnout. Modecai, Mark // Fire Chief;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p98
Discusses the improvements in personal protective equipment of firefighters in the U.S. Fundamental change in the job of the firefighter; Recognition of the role of the fist-responder in fire service; Response of personal protective equipment manufacturers to introduce new range of solutions to...
- New products. // Occupational Hazards;Oct96, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p34
Presents several safety and health products. Includes safety gloves/clothing catalog; Scott Health & Safety Products' mobile air cart; MSA's Advantage 200 Respirator.
- Blazin' Fire Board. West, Bruce; Strongftharm, John; Holton, Doug // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the existence of a written seat belt policy in the fire departments of Duluth and Elk River in Minnesota. Argument raised by fire fighters that seat belts prevented them from getting dressed on the way to alarms; Importance of enforcement to having a successful safety program;...
- Safety Update. // Laboratory Equipment;Mar2000, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p34
Introduces laboratory safety devices. Includes Uvex Safety's laser eyewear; Seton Identification Products' identification products; Labconco Corp.'s Purifier Delta Series safety cabinets; Nalge Nunc International's acetone safety wash bottle.