COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT
- WHAT'S HOT. // Caribbean Business;3/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p49
Features different computer and telecommunications equipment. Dell Inspiron 8000 notebook computer from Dell; ViewSonic VP150m LCD panel monitor; SCH-i201 cellular handset from Samsung.
- CBInfoTech. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;1/20/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p40
Features computer and telecommunication products. Includes AT&T WorldNet Nervice en Espanol; Availability of Intel Celeron processor 533 MHz; Dymo Label-Writer label printer.
- BRITISH COLUMBIA FOREST SERVICE ADDS NEW SOFTWARE FOR WILDLAND FIREFIGHTING. Finn, Moira // Fire Management Today;Spring2001, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p43
Focuses on the utilization of software system WeatherPro3 and FBP97 for wildland firefighting by the British Columbia Forest Service (BCFS). Details on the fire protection program of BCFS; Advantages of the computer systems; Distinction between the system application of WeatherPro3 and FBP97.
- Achieving interoperability requires teamwork -- from everyone. Tilles, Alan // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr2006 Supplement, p16
The article suggests that the achievement of telecommunications interoperability in the public safety sector would require cooperation from all parties concerned. Parties involved include firefighters, police officers and telecommunication-related corporations. Issues include technical training...
- Backplane State-of-the-Art Boosts Quest for Bandwidth. Charbonneau, Marc; Kenny, Bill; Warner, Chris // ECN: Electronic Component News;Oct2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p97
Focuses on bandwidth manager products. Communications network elements for processing voice, data and video; Optical networking products providing a platform for flexible bandwidth management; Major design challenges.
- Metro Optical Transport. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p47
Features the optical transport solution from Photuris. Use of the network in relieving fiber exhaustion and termination of multiple rings; Capability of a Photuris network to support multiple nodes per ring; Basis of the optical distribution system.
- Networking hardware technologies and techniques. Driver, Russell; Nadj, Zoltan // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jul2000, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p13
Discusses the use of active equipment to help designers optimize network bandwidth. Three basic types of network equipment; Layers of Open Systems Interconnection; Two advantages of hubs in facilitating network connectivity in a star topology; Functions of switches; Two major functions of...
- new products and services. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2003, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p26
Introduces two computer softwares used in telecommunication services. Text platform for identifying and analyzing reasons for service degradation developed by Tektonix; Real-time cell and packet analysis by RADCOM.
- My Christmas list. Meade, Peter // America's Network;12/15/96, Vol. 100 Issue 24, p53
Presents telecommunication and computer products and services with advanced features. Sony television with a T1 connection; Intellifone; Plant 1 Telephone from Comsat Corp; VoiceAnnounce; WideNote from Sharp Electronics Corp.