- Fire extinguishers. Kimber, Robert // Country Journal;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p82
Gives details on fire extinguishers. Classes of fires; Types of extinguishers; Points to consider before buying; Proper use.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p142
Features several fire fighting vehicles and equipment. Pierce fire trucks built for the Kirby Fire Department in Texas; Seagrave Fire Apparatus fire truck built for the Wallington Fire Department in New Jersey; Chevrolet Suburban incident command unit; Southern Coach fire truck built for the...
- Products--services--media. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p146
Features several fire fighting equipment and supplies. Sharpeye 20/20L UV/IR Flame Detector from Spectrex Inc.; Digital Voice Recorder from Sigtronics; TMX412 Multi-Gas Monitor from Industrial Science Corp.; Omni-4000 Gas Detector from ENMET Corp.; Aluminum Suction Hose Tray and Bracket from...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p143
Features various equipment, supplies and services related to fire fighting. Includes firefighter training system; Fire engine; Sirens; Waterproof and body fluid-proof outerwear; Portable foam unit; Fireboats; Electric nozzle.
- Products, services, media. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p69
Presents the features of firefighting equipments in the United States. Includes the large diameter hose handler from Modern Rescue and Safety Equipment Inc; Questar Spotlight from Havis Shields Equipment Corporation; Model 2015 mirror from Velvac Inc; C-130 cutter from American Rescue...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p82
Presents products and services for fire fighting. Gas monitor from CEA Instruments Inc.; Standard Communications Corp.'s portable radio ; Head assembly for dry hydrants from Schlumburger Industries.
- When should you purchase an aerial ladder? Carter, Harry R. // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p12
Determines the basis for an aerial ladder purchase. Section 540 of the Insurance Services Office (ISO) Fire Suppression Rating Schedule; American Insurance Association (AIA) Bulletins addressing the issue of appropriate ratio of aerial ladders to pumpers; Justification of purchase upon local...
- Apparatus points to ponder. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p22
Presents photographs depicting firefighting apparatus with several points to ponder. Includes a wildland apparatus incident; Tilt-cab configuration apparatus.
- Supplying electrical power to remote equipment. McCormack, Ray // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p71
Discusses the provision of electrical power to remote apparatus. Adoption of a systematic approach to minimize errors, deployment time and trouble-shooting problems; Tips on making the equipment user-friendly; Storage of extension cords on reels; Management of electric tools; Policy regarding...