- TIPS FOR DONNING MASKS, HOODS, AND HELMETS. Gustin, Bill // Fire Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p59
Offers tips to firefighters on the proper way of wearing of masks, hoods and helmets. Methods of fastening helmets; Selection of firefighting gloves; Alternatives to neck straps.
- IS YOUR SCBA WORKING PROPERLY? Sawka, Bill // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p150
Focuses on the proper use and maintenance of the SCBA fire fighting equipment in the U.S. Examinations and tests conducted on the SCBA; Risk-minimizing ability of the equipment; Regulations of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration concerning the equipment.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 155 Issue 6, p103
Features several firefighting equipment and supplies. Portability of the decontamination shower from FSI North America; Protection dependability of glow in the dark rescue/demotion reciprocating saw badges from Bosch Power Tools; Key features of Janesveille deluxe high back pant from Lion Apparel.
- SCBA/ PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p8
Features several protective clothing and equipment for use in fire fighting and fire prevention in the U.S. in 2003. Key features and specifications; Key applications in firefighting and fire prevention; Manufacturer information.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p128
Features a selection of fire engineering products, services, and media available in the United States. Flashlights; Footwear; Radio adapter; Protective clothing; Vehicle warning buzzers and alarm kits.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Apr2010, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p210
The article evaluates various firefighting equipment and gear including FoxFury's Command Series Fire Helmet Lights, Bauer's B-Pure high-pressure breathing air purification cartridge and Optim Engineering's PWRgate PG40S 12-volt backup power system.
- Firefighters Fight FIRES. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;9/29/2006, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p1
The article presents information on the work of firefighters and the clothes and equipment they use in performing their work. Firefighters work hard to keep people safe from fires. They use fire trucks to get to a fire quickly and they use ladders, hoses and other tools to put out fires....
- NFPA completes breathability tests on firefighter protective clothing. // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p48
Highlights the availability of the technical reports of the National Fire Protection Research Foundation's (NFPRF) independent tests on the heat stress and comfort of six turnout systems or firefighter protective clothing. Compliance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971,...
- Products/service/media. // Fire Engineering;Feb2000, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p170
Features various firefighting equipment and supplies. Includes protective clothing; Personal lights; Rescue tools; Breathing units.