APPARATUS & COMPONENTS
- Introduction to this Special Issue. Dlugogorski, Bogdan; Kennedy, Eric; Gann, Richard // Fire Technology;Jul2012, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p547
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss fire suppression technology.
- Guest Editorial: Special Section on Detection. Olenick, Stephen // Fire Technology;Jul2010, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p677
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the detection of fires in tunnels and the assessment of existing detection devices for tunnels, one on the efficacy of installed fire protection detection and sensing devices in helping firefighters, and one...
- Spread too thin. Reilly, John // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/9/2008, Vol. 104 Issue 40, p1A
The article reports on the lack of available fire fighting resources among various fire departments in Hays County, Texas.
- Fire and Rain. Dawson, Dudley // Yachting;Mar2013, Vol. 213 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses the different firefighting and bilge-pumping systems that may help an individual during a disaster.
- FIREFIGHTING TOOLS & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p6
Features several firefighting tools and equipment in the U.S. in 2003. Key features and specifications; Key applications in firefighting and fire prevention; Manufacturer information.
- RESCUE & EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p10
Features several rescue and extrication equipment for use in firefighting and fire prevention in the U.S. in 2003. Key features and specifications; Key applications in firefighting and fire prevention; Manufacturer information.
- BUYERS' GUIDE 2008: PRODUCTS & SERVICES. // Fire Chief;Feb2008, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p42
The article lists various products and services related to fire prevention including absorbents and neutralizers, alarm systems, and breathing apparatus.
- Products. Services. Media. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p85
Presents several products, services and media concerning firefighters. Includes Dispatch Automation Inc.'s RIMS for Windows version 7.0 computer-aided dispatch and records management system; Freightliner Corp.'s high-roof extended cab; Gemtor Inc.'s 959 full-body harness.
- Fire Engineering apparatus showcase. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct96 Supplement Apparatus, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p1
Presents products and equipment for fire prevention and control. Includes the S&S Fire Apparatus tanker; Angus Brass Style 10 incoming gated relief valve; 3-D Manufacturing rescue truck designed by Wisconsin's Poynette-Dekorra Fire Department; Swiftwater titanium wet suit from CMC Rescue;...