That's a lot of house!
- In on the ground floor. Loeb, Donald L. // Fire Chief;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p60
Explores the factors to consider in the fire prevention in a one-story frame dwelling. Styles of one-story frame dwellings; Construction basics of one-story frame dwellings; Construction technique and building components of one-story frame dwellings.
- In Case of Fire. Razwick, Jerry // Buildings;Feb2003, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p26
Presents information on fire-rated glass and framing. Performance characteristics of fire-rated glass; Innovations in framing; Cost of fire-rated glass and framing.
- YOUR SAY. Sinlgeton, Philip; Mallett, Lee; Kellow, Peter; Dunlop, Alan; Bower, Paul; Moore, Dave // Building Design;8/31/2007, Issue 1785, p8
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues including "RIBA plans new role as watchdog," in the August 24, 2007 issue, about the 47 practices shortlisted for the Olympic village in the "News Analysis" column in the August 24, 2007 issue and another on fire protection...
- One story, many endings. Loeb, Donald L. // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p110
Focuses on the fire suppression in a one-story wood-frame dwelling. Instrument used to control of a fully-involved one-story frame dwelling; Involvement in the garage area; Involvement in the single-room concealed-space; Ventilation hints in a one-story frame dwelling.
- FIERY LESSONS. Messerbmith Jr., Joseph J. // Concrete Products;Jan2005, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p86
The article reports that in March 2004, fire destroyed the top four floors of a five-story mixed-use building under construction in Richmond, Virginia. Driven by windy conditions, the fire spread to approximately 20 other buildings before city fire fighters and those from surrounding counties...
- Fire Design of Steel Framed Buildings. // Building Design;10/4/2013 Fire Supplement, p4
The article focuses on the process of determining the requirements of fire protection for a building's structural steelwork, and the market share of steel frames in the multi-storey non-residential buildings market.
- Special Issue on Timber in Fire. Bisby, Luke; Frangi, Andrea // Fire Technology;Nov2015, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p1275
An introduction to the journal is presented which focuses on fire safety issues and the applications of timber in multi-storey buildings.
- Colindale blaze re-ignites timber frame safety debate. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the debate over the performance of timber framed buildings in Great Britain. The controversy reappeared following the fire at the Beaufort Park Development in Colindale, England. After the fire, the Modern Masonry Alliance had renewed its campaign against timber...
- Experimental Study of Combustible and Non-combustible Construction in a Natural Fire. Li, Xiao; Zhang, Xia; Hadjisophocleous, George; McGregor, Cameron // Fire Technology;Nov2015, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p1447
With the adoption of performance-based fire design and the development of new engineered wood products, wood-based mid-rise and high-rise buildings are beginning to be constructed all around the globe. This trend has accelerated efforts to gain more understanding of the risks associated with...