USFA, others plan residential sprinkler strategy
- Why CISD Should Install A Full Sprinkler System At Canyon Lake Middle School. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);8/22/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p12
The article presents stories from various U.S. states on the benefits and services provided by maintaining a full fire sprinkler system.
- FIRE PRODUCTS. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2003, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p38
Features several products for fire protection and prevention. Detection and alarms; Actuators; Fire stops; Sprinklers; Tunnels.
- Safe at home. Lenius, Pat // Contractor Magazine;Oct99, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p37
Deals with residential fire sprinklers, valued as proactive in helping homeowners to control or extinguish fire. Sprinkler installation and its cost; Total residences in Scottsdale, Arizona that are equipped with sprinkle systems; National Fire Protection Association's standard for pressure and...
- Sidewall heads susceptible to clogging by wallpaper glue. // Contractor Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p1
Warns of threatened fire sprinkler integrity due to clogging of sprinkler heads by wallpaper glue. Case of hotel fire where sprinklers failed to activate; Recommendations.
- Fire Protection Research Foundation releases fire sprinkler cost assessment report. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;9/16/2013, p3
The article offers information on the report "Home Fire Sprinkler Cost Assessment: 5 Year Update," released by the U.S. Fire Protection Research Foundation (FPRF).
- Balancing Act. Licht, Richard // Buildings;Dec2000, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p20
Deals with the International Code Council's fire code discussions on the concept of exchanging established passive fire containment code provisions for active protection, such as fire sprinklers. Benefits of using a sprinkler system; Importance of using fire-resistance-rated materials;...
- Fire fighter. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);5/28/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7652, p9
Focuses on the development of a low-cost sprinkler system for fire protection in Europe. Use of concealed sprinklers and connections to the main water supply; Estimation on the cost of home installation; Efficacy of the sprinkler system.
- Tom's Trumpet. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p66
The article focuses on RB64, the new sprinkler mandate in Minnesota which will appear in the 2009 International Residential Code (IRC) publication. RB64, it says, calls for fire sprinklers in all new one and two family homes. The IRC Fire Sprinkler Coalition, it adds, which was founded in 2007,...
- Deluge Fire Sprinkler System Delivers. Schmidt, David W. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar99, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the methods for detection and actuation for a deluge fire sprinkler system. Use of deluge systems in special hazard applications; Installation of wet pilot sprinklers in the hazard for detection; Choices of electrical detection in the fire protection industry.