- Products & Services. // Fire Chief;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p65
Lists companies providing products and services to fire departments in the U.S. Alarm systems; Breathing apparatus; Blankets; Communications equipment; Hydrants.
- SCBA: U.S. vs. International Standards and Procedures. ROBINSON, BRIAN // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p107
The article discusses self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) standards and procedures, both in and outside the U.S. The difference between the International standard and the U.S. version are that the European SCBA always include a neck strap, European version will read in bar pressure with...
- Bullard. // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p92
The article evaluates the T3MAX electronic thermal throttle from Bullard and provides information on the throttle's capability to optimize the fire scene with blue spot color, pinpoint hot spots, find overheated electrical equipment and clarify objects in the heat of the fire.
- Breathe Easy. // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p82
Presents various products for fire services in the U.S. as of October 2004. Features of the Puma self-contained breathing apparatus, manufactured by Survivair; Convenience offered by the Power Talk Box System, a portable intercom system manufactured by Con-Space Communications; Capacity of the...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Aug2009, Vol. 162 Issue 8, p125
The article evaluates products for the fire service including the A4000 Hose Reel from Hannay, the Firehawk M7 Value Configurations from MSA and the AirQuestSMT breathing air system from Eagle Compressors.
- `Spirit of Miami'. Fisher, James A. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p58
Presents equipment used by the Fire-Rescue Department in Miami, Florida. Navistar International chassis; Allison automatic transmission; Telma electro-magnetic brake retarder; Compartments.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p81
Presents equipment deliveries for fire departments in the United States as of July 1995. Pumper from Pierce delivered at the Union Township Fire Department in New Jersey; Tanker from J.C. Moore Industries Inc. at the Shelburne Fire Company in Massachusetts; Attack pumpers from Master Body Sales...
- Getting the most from your pumping apparatus. Carlson, Gene P. // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the considerations in the specification of pumping apparatus. History of pumping apparatus; Pump size specification in the 1991 edition of the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) 1901 `Pumping Fire Apparatus'; Versatility; Water tank size; Innovative concepts addressing the...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Dec95, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p73
Presents various fire prevention apparatus being used by different fire departments in the United States. Features and design of the equipment; Utilization of Emergency One pumper by the Williamson County Rescue Squad of Tennessee; Use of Darley pumper by the Idalou Fire Department of Texas;...