- Apparatus Point to Ponder. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p135
Provides safety measures in using the fire equipment and supplies. Cautions in making the aerial ladder an expensive standpipe; Challenge on carrying standpipe packs in the small compartments on a fire engine; Consideration of the vertical exhaust stack when specifying breathing air and...
- 'HEY, WHERE DO YOU WANT THIS TRUCK?.'. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p104
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on the placement of ladder trucks on the fireground. Basic rules on truck positioning; Position of the apparatus at several building structures; Floor level of constructed high-rise residential buildings reached by the 100-foot aerial device.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p108
Reports that the Michigan-based Oakland Township Fire Department has purchased pumper and pumper-tanker fire trucks from Marion Body. Features and functions of the fire trucks; Engine and chassis; Water pumps; Fire services equipment.
- New equipment can fight blazes without water source. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/23/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 30, p1A
The article reports on the installation of the 2007 Pierce Contender Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) fire engine at the Burnet Fire Department in Burnet County, Texas.
- NFPA standards update. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p62
Reports on several National Fire Protection Association standards that affect the maintenance, repair and refurbishment of fire apparatus and other emergency vehicles in the U.S. Emergency Vehicle Technician Professional Qualifications; Fire Apparatus Preventive Maintenance Program; Fire...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct97 Supplement Apparatus Showcase, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p15
Presents various type of fire trucks and its features and equipments owned by different fire departments in the United States. State Fire Academy in Jackson, Mississippi's choice for W.S. Darley pumper; Monett Fire Department in Montana's use of PIERCE quint; Ashland, Ohio's Fire Department's...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p120
The article previews several fire trucks, including the KME pumper of the Fairview Park Fire Department of Ohio and the Seagrave pumper/tanker and the Fouts Bros. light rescue truck of Varick Fire Department of New York.
- Tom's Trumpet. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p46
The article offers information on fire stations in Minnesota that share a common wall with the community center. It mentions that fire stations that make a statement about what they stand and who they are proclaim that the fire service is a significant part of the community. It states that some...
- APPARATUSDELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p130
The article features fire trucks from several fire departments in the U.S. The Houston, Pennsylvania Fire Department has a Pierce pumper with 179 inch wheelbase for small rural areas with narrow streets. The Kalona, Iowa Fire Department's Alexis rescue truck has enough storage, provides a safer...