Questions for your doctor
- Prostate Cancer for the Internist. Jaiswal, Shikha; Sarmad, Rehan; Arora, Sumant; Dasaraju, Radhikha; Sarmad, Komal // North American Journal of Medical Sciences;Oct2015, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p429
In the United States, approximately 240,000 men are diagnosed annually with prostate cancer. Although effective treatment options are available for clinically localized cancer, the potential burdensome co-morbidities and attendant healthcare costs from over diagnosis and over treatment have...
- Answer/Evaluation Form: An Overview of Prostate Cancer: Diagnosis and Treatment. // MEDSURG Nursing;Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p264
A quiz regarding prostate cancer diagnosis and treatment is presented.
- New experimental markers for early detection of high-risk prostate cancer: role of cellâ€“cell adhesion and cell migration. Mol, A.J.M.; Geldof, A.A.; Meijer, G.A.; Poel, H.G.; Moorselaar, R.J. A. // Journal of Cancer Research & Clinical Oncology;Oct2007, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p687
Todayâ€™s treatment and diagnosis of prostate cancer still exhibit major limitations. The search for new and additional prognostic markers is therefore still an actual field of interest. Potential markers involved in numerous biological processes in the tumor cell have been investigated...
- 2015 AUA Annual Meeting Highlights: Castration- Resistant Prostate Cancer. // AUANews;Oct2015 Supplement Annual Meeting Highlights, p1
The article presents information on the highlights of the 2015 AUA Annual Meeting on Castration- Resistant Prostate Cancer. Topics discussed include the role of the urologist in the treatment of patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC); important new publications in this field...
- Establishing an Advanced Prostate Cancer Clinic: A Guide for the Community Urologist. Tareen, Basir; Hanson, Gregory; Concepcion, Raoul // AUANews;Oct2015 Supplement Annual Meeting Highlights, p4
The article presents information on a guide for the community urologist from the 2015 AUA Annual Meeting on Establishing an Advanced Prostate Cancer Clinic. Topics discussed include the role of the urologist in the treatment of patients with advanced prostate cancer; important new publications...
- Point/Counterpoint: Intermittent vs. Maximal ADT: Translating Randomized Trials in Clinical Practice. Flanigan, Robert C. // AUANews;Oct2015 Supplement Annual Meeting Highlights, p12
The article presents information on the highlights of the 2015 AUA Annual Meeting on Castration- Resistant Prostate Cancer that was held in New Orleans, Louisiana. Topics discussed include the treatment of advanced prostate cancer using androgen deprivation therapy (ADT); translating randomized...
- Detection of prostate and colon cancer. Stern, Scott; Altkorn, Diane; Levinson, Wendy // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/8/98, Vol. 280 Issue 2, p117
Reports on the importance of detecting prostate and colon cancer. The controversial nature of prostate screening by serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA) measurement; Reasons for the controversy; Statistics on screenings; Follow-up procedures for patients with colon cancer. INSET: Counseling...
- Time for a CHECK-UP. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on prostate cancer in the U.S. Estimated number of prostate cancer diagnosed each year in the country; Signs and symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatment options. INSET: Useful Web sites for more info.
- What if it's cancer? // Consumer Reports;Jul93, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p463
Looks at issues in the detection and treatment of prostate cancer. Measuring prostate-specific antigen (PSA); Controversy over PSA testing; How the PSA test works; Recommendations from the American Cancer Society; Radical prostatectomy; Radiation; More.