- Mom at Work. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct99, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p2
Describes how the mother of a young boy named Victor gets ready to fight a fire, as professional a firefighter.
- My Mom is a Firefighter. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1 (Teacher's Edition);Oct99, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on a child who have a firefighter mother.
- Taking the Heat. Cheakalos, Christina; Boone, Mary // People;11/27/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 22, p177
Focuses on the women firefighters of Station 10 in Tacoma, Washington, including their response to the pressure of proving themselves.
- Women in the fire service. Staley, Michael F. // Fire Engineering;Mar1997, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p153
Focuses on the growth of women in the fire service in the United States. Author's memories on his first encounter with women in the fire service; Challenges facing women in the service; Contributions of women in the fire service.
- Female Firefighters. // Jackson Advocate;3/31/2011, Vol. 73 Issue 24, p1B
The article presents the recognition of female fire fighters from the Jackson Fire Department in conjunction of Women's History Month in Mississippi.
- Mom at Work. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct99, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p2
Offers a look on how a woman firefighter prepares herself for her job.
- Woman Leads Baltimore Firefighters Organization For First Time In 30 Years. // Jet;1/28/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p16
Reports that Sheri J. Luck, a fire fighting veteran in Baltimore, Maryland, has been named to head the Vulcan Blazers, an organization representing a number of minority fire fighters.
- Their Idea of Fun. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 70 Issue 27, p6
Features the Dragon Fighters, a group of teenage girls who volunteered to be firefighters in Aniak, Alaska.
- Shelley Morris. // Asian Pacific Post;11/17/2011, p4
The article features firefighter Shelley Morris of Surrey Fire Service.