- Fire safety put into spotlight. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p1
Reports that the Web site of Grid-n-Orbit nightclub in Cleveland, Ohio, has been updated to include a map of club exits and information on fire safety features. Web site of the club; Comments of Jerry Szoka, an owner of Grid-n-Orbit, on updating its Web site; Reason behind updating the Web site.
- Russia. Yurchenkov, Vadim; Sinclair, David // Billboard;5/13/95, Vol. 107 Issue 19, p69
Reports on the fire that gutted down the Sexton Fo Z.D. nightclub in Moscow, Russia on March 6, 1995.
- Death trap. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/12/94, Issue 50, p18
Reports on fire-department code violations as the probable cause of a dance hall fire in Fuxing in Beijing, China. Casualties; Comments from a Beijing resident.
- Inferno at the Cocoanut Grove. Mindell, Doug // Yankee;Nov98, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p48
Part XI. Presents eyewitnesses' accounts on the November 28, 1942 fire at the Cocoanut Grove Nightclub in Boston, Massachusetts. Number of persons killed in the fire; Cause of the fire; Eyewitnesses include Keene, New Hampshire resident Ann Gallagher and probationary firefighter John Rose. ...
- NIGHTCLUB DEATHS PROMPT STUDY OF U.S. FIRE AND BUILDING CODES. Gonchar, Joann // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p15
Reports that the nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island has triggered two national investigations into fire and building codes and structures. Damage caused due to the fire outbreak; Issues that will be reviewed by Massachusetts-based National Fire Protection Association (NFPA);...
- Video Captures Club Horror. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p3
Discusses the shooting of a fire in Rhode Island by a cameraman who was assigned to cover a story on nightclub safety. Figures of death toll and injuries resulting from the fire; Experiences of the photographer who covered the incident; Highlights of the incident's occurrence.
- Chicago passes nightclub/restaurant sprinkler ordinance. // Fire Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p56
Reports on the passage of an ordinance that requires the installation of automatic sprinkler systems in nightclubs and restaurants in Chicago, Illinois. Compliance period; Importance of the ordinance to efforts to improve fire safety in the city.
- Fire Safety In Nightclubs. // Billboard;2/28/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p14
Reflects on the loss of life in the Station nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island in 2003. Other venue fires with higher number of victims; Implication of the Station fire for fire safety standards; Fire safety recommendations of the National Protection Association.
- FRONTLINES. Stowe, Jay // Cincinnati;May2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p14
The article presents information on the Beverly Hills Supper Club, a famous cabaret and nightclub situated in Cincinnati, Ohio, that gutted in a fire in 1977. The club was famous for performer John Davidson's cabaret act. The fire put an end to a golden age of entertainment. One hundred and...