Get ready to benefit from economies of scale
- Consolidation considerations and inquiring minds. RIELAGE, ROBERT R. // Fire Chief;Apr2013, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p14
The article offers information on a four-day conference organized by the Ohio Township Association. It informs that the conference featured joint fire districts presentation, a discussion on fire consolidation and alternative staffing methods such as recruitment of volunteer, paid-on-call and...
- Developing fire service/EMS partnerships: Is war really... Sachs, Gordon M. // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p73
Examines the aspect of public-private or fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS) partnerships. Pros and cons of public-private partnerships; Successful partnership models which have been implemented; Operational areas for consideration in a partnership arrangement; List of components of a...
- PROTECTING TOGETHER. Holzman, Paula // Central Penn Business Journal;2/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p23
The article reports on the merging of the Empire Friendship Firefighters Association with the fire division of Cumberland Goodwill Fire and EMS to form the Carlisle Fire & Rescue Services, on January 1, 2010 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It notes that the merger will cut down on the amount of...
- Merged Fire and EMS. Foster, David; D'Acchioli, Ron // Fire Chief;Aug2008, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p42
The article reports on the merger of two separate departments which provide fire and emergency medical services in DeKalb County, Georgia. It states that the merger presented significant challenges, with combining the cultures of two distinctly different organizations as the greatest challenge....
- Collaboration or Consolidation? Rielage, Robert R. // Fire Chief;Jan2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses the difference between collaboration and consolidation as a quick means of cutting expenses for fire departments in the U.S. It states that consolidation is a process that requires an extensive and inexpensive study to look objectively at the leadership, personnel and...
- Strength in Numbers. Weidner, Jeffrey S. // Fire Chief;May2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on the consolidation of emergency services made by four fire departments and four municipalities in southeastern Pennsylvania. It focuses on the collaboration of different organization including the Liberty Fire Co. No.1, the Lower Heidelberg Township Fire Department, and the...
- Fire Chief - Stockton, California. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/7/2012, p1
The article announces the search of the city of Stockton in California for a fire chief in 2012.
- How white is your helmet? Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Sep95, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p6
Opinion. Discusses the ideal fire chief. Changing image and nature of the job; Views regarding fire chiefs not being involved in actual fire-fighting events; Fire service's need for a chief providing both field and administrative leadership; List of qualities of a model fire chief.
- Fire Chief -- City of Littleton, Colo. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/17/2013, p2
The article announces the search for a fire chief at the City of Littleton, Colorado.