- VISIT THE NEIGHBORHOODS PROGRAM. Moran, Robert // Fire Engineering;Aug2002, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p122
Focuses on the Visit the Neighborhoods Program of Englewood Fire Department in New Jersey. Information on the mobile program on fire prevention education for the community; Objectives of the program; Acquisition of the remote-controlled robotic fire engine or fire dog of the department.
- NEWLY REGISTERED. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jun2008 Supplement, p4
The article lists the names of the companies who achieved the BAFE Scheme including the ADT Fire & Security, Alarmco Inc., and Channel Safety Systems.
- Fire Department Report. Adams, Roy // Grand Saline Sun (TX);3/14/2013, Vol. 116 Issue 11, p6
The article offers tips from the fire department of Grand Saline in Texas to address fire incidents such as the need to report the location of the burn and prohibit the use of gas and lighter fluid.
- Fire calls. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/15/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 218, p3
The article reports fire calls for the New York area including the response of Saranac Lake Volunteer Fire Department to a report of a fuel spill and the response of Lake Placid Volunteer Fire Department to a residential fire alarm.
- Effective community communications. Sisk, Ted // Fire Engineering;Jun95, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p107
Discusses the partnership of fire departments and communities in fire prevention in Ashburn, Virginia. Growth and changes undergone by the Ashburn Volunteer Fire Department (AVFD); Multiple organizational dilemmas; Recognition of the importance of good communication for community awareness and...
- Old golf cart becomes fire prevention tool. Sajovic, Hank // Fire Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p90
Focuses on the Skokie, Illinois Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau's effort to promote fire prevention on children. Development of the rig project titled Sparky; Design and construction of Sparky; Sources of funding for the project.
- When School's Out, Safety's In. KIURSKI, TOM // Fire Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p121
Focuses on the summer fire prevention event sponsored by the Livonia Fire & Rescue team of Livonia, Michigan. Comparison to the team's activities during Fire Prevention Week Open; Use of a public address system for the exercise; Tips for organizing a successful fire safety event.
- Five tactics for achieving fire safety success. Chubb, Mark // Fire Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p47
Explains strategies for the efficient operations of fire safety programs of fire departments in the United States. Emphasis on the development and efficient use of information; Creation of new insight through analysis; Fostering of innovation in fire department practices; Leveration of...
- Chasing down electrical fires. Montagna, Frank C. // Fire Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p83
Discusses ways to become efficient in locating and controlling fires caused by electrical systems during operation. Search for fire extension and apparent extinguishment; Call for additional resources; Importance of thermal imaging technology. INSET: Thermal imaging and heat detection.
- PREPARING FOR THE NEXT CALL: PROPER DEMOBILIZATION. Morelock, Jamie C. // Fire Engineering;May2003, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p92
Provides guidelines to fire departments on how to prepare for a fire prevention call. Apparatus check; On-scene checks; Demobilization.