Backlash hits retailers as MFI takes a fall
- Kingfisher climbs back. // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2008, Issue 5591, p6
The article reports on the increase of Kingfisher PLC's pre-tax profits by 8.9% in Great Britain in the 13 weeks to May 13, 2008. It attributes the development to cost savings and to the strong growth of the kitchen furniture sector in international markets. Meanwhile, Galiform PLC's financial...
- Colefax on a high as MFI takes a fall. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;8/4/2006, Issue 5499, p6
The article reports on the statistics regarding the profitability of various furniture companies in Great Britain. The pre-tax profits of Colefax Group PLC increased by 30 percent. MFI confirmed a Â£45 million first-half loss and the failure to locate a buyer for the retail stores. The...
- What's in a name? // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Reports on the plan of changing the furniture brand name MFI in favor of the Schreiber or Hygena brands.
- Change the brand. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p1
Focuses on the financial troubles faced by furniture retailer MFI. Decline in the company's 1998 winter sale; Management plans of John Hancock, chief executive of the company; Need for the company to change its brand name.
- MFI sees sales drop a fifth. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p3
Reports on MFI's furniture sales in Europe, in winter 1998. Percentage of sales decline; Comparison with sales figures during the early part of the year; Prospects for growth.
- MFI to relaunch as online store. // DIY Week;11/18/2011, p4
The article reports on the plans of MFI to relaunch as an online-only retailer and offer bedroom and bathroom ranges including living and dining room furniture.
- Back to basics at Hancock's 'customer focused' MFI. // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p7
Comments on furniture firm MFI and its chief executive John Hancock. Plan to be more `customer focused'; Open communication between distribution and manufacturing sides; Focus on vertical integration; Changes in management; Abolition of the MFI name.
- Rubber presses ahead. // Cabinet Maker;5/16/2003 Supplement, p5
Features of the rubber presses of the furniture manufacturer MFI in Great Britain. Increase in the production of the firm; Rubber features.
- MFI bosses share bonus. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p5
Reports on the bonus received by several directors of the furniture retailer MFI in Great Britain.