Cigarettes seized from furniture containers
- Women arrested for taking corpse onto plane. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/7/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 83, p5
The article reports on the move of the police to arrest two women for trying to smuggle a corpse at a British airport.
- Gang tried to smuggle cigarettes in furniture. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p6
Reports on the arrest of a gang accused of smuggling cigarettes into Great Britain in consignments of furniture. Sentence received by the gang members; Impact of the arrest on the furniture business; Actions taken by government officials to stop illegal activities.
- 11 Suspects Held, Marijuana Seized from Small Boat. // Log Newspaper;12/21/2012, Issue 935, p11
The article reports that Santa Barbara County's Sheriff's Department has confirmed that 11 people have been arrested and 3,000 pounds of marijuana have been seized after a suspected panga smuggling boat was investigated when moving towards the Gaviota coast in California on December 12, 2012.
- Atlanta gun smuggler. // Travel Daily;12/24/2014, p2
The article reports on the arrest of a baggage handler for airline company Delta Air Lines Inc. at Atlanta Airport in Georgia due to his alleged involvement in the smuggling of 18 handguns to New York.
- ARMY INTELLIGENCE THWARTS ATTEMPT TO SMUGGLE ARMS TO SYRIA. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);9/17/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 1269, p1
The article reports on the move of the Lebanese army intelligence to arrest Ibrahim M. and Basil K. for attempting to smuggle huge amounts of weapons from Lebanon to Syria.
- 'Lizard King' of Asia back in business. // Asian Pacific Post;11/28/2013, p17
The article highlights the return of Malaysian Anson Wong, also known as Lizard King who was arrested at Kuala Lumpur's international airport in August 2010 after he attempted to smuggle 95 endangered boa constrictors to Indonesia.
- Indonesia detains foreign refugee advocates. Leka, Niko // Green Left Weekly;2/3/2010, Issue 824, p2
The article reports on the arrest of Sara Nathan, a Tamil community activist, Pamela Curr of the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, and Jessica Chandrashekar of the Canadian Humanitarian Appeal for Relief of Tamils, who were all accused of human smuggling in Merak, Indonesia.
- Snake Venom Racket Busted. // India -- West;9/21/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 44, pA44
The article presents information on the arrest of five snake catchers in Maharashtra, India for illegal smuggling of snakes from India for extraction of venom.
- MP smuggling network probed. // Asian Pacific Post;4/27/2007, p18
The article reports on an investigation by the Indian police on an alleged people-smuggling racket after a Member of the Parliament travelling on a diplomatic passport was caught trying to take a woman and a teenager boy to Canada. Babubhai Katara was apprehended at the New Delhi airport while...