Effect of Tape Recording on Perturbation Measures
- Steve Devino of Granite Rocks Live on Mixing Steve Miller. // Mix;Jun2009, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p64
The article features Steve Devino as he discussed the impact of Yamaha PM5D's Version 2 live sound console digital mixer software in his music mixes. According to Devino, he was able to eliminate three wedge mixes and sidefills that create unnecessary sounds after he uses the digital mixer. It...
- IMSTA Forms To Address Software IP Rights. Walsh, Christopher // Billboard;10/30/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 44, p45
Presents an update on audio recording as of October 2004. Information on the Audio Engineering Society Convention to be held in San Francisco, California; Details of a problem associated with digital audio workstation-based recording.
- Olympus DM-10/Marantz PMD670. Hastings, Jeffrey // School Library Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p28
Evaluates the DM-10 and Marantz PMD670 digital audio recorders from Olympus America Inc. and offers information on audio quality, recording capacity and product limitations.
- Sound Buy? Tanaka, Jennifer // Newsweek;4/12/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 15, p81
Offers the author's experience using the Diamond Multimedia's Rio PMP300 digital player. How it can download music from the Internet; Difficulties with the software called MusicMatch JukeBox; Capability of the built-in memory.
- DAT's Last Stand. Ciletti, Eddie // Mix;Apr2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p128
The article discusses Digital Audio Tape (DAT) technology. DAT machines are still a repairable item in 2004. The shift from absolute to timecode (TC) repairs reveals a trend among two groups: those who can afford to "wade out" a new technology wave and those who must jump in and ride the wave to...
- Looperlative LP1. // Guitar Player;Oct2008, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p160
The article evaluates the Looperlative LP1 audio looping system digital systems.
- Recording and reproducing process of a perpendicular magnetic head. Tanabe, S.; Iwasaki, S. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1985, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p3967
Presents a study which examined the recording and reproducing process of a perpendicular magnetic head. Method of analysis; Parameters of analyzed models for reproducing; Flow of magnetic flux around main pole tip.
- Track-width dependence of transition jitter. Dhagat, P.; Glavinas, E.; Jander, A.; Porter, D. G.; Indeck, R. S.; Muller, M. W. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1996, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p5652
Presents a study that examined a model of the microstructure of a magnetic head as a rectangular tesselation. Methodology; Correlation between track width and transition jitter; Determination of the track width of the magnetic heads.
- Digital audio workstation (DAW). Lau, Paul // Canadian Musician;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p31
Illustrates the mechanics of digital audio workstations (DAW). Types of DAW; Importance of expendability on DAW; Usability of DAW on professional musicians.