Agency Succession Planning Options And Opportunities
- Taking Ownership. Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p36
Provides insights into the process of business ownership in New Hampshire. Development of a solid business plan; Selection of a professional employees; Knowledge about the financial facts. INSETS: ADVICE FOR BUYERS;ADVICE FOR SELLERS.
- Aetna has decided to shutter its flight department. Swickard, James E. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jun2002, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p11
Reports the decision of insurance firm Aetna to close its flight department in favor of fractional ownership at the Bradley International Airport in Connecticut. Statement of Aetna assistant vice president Fred Laberge on the decision; Move of Aetna in choosing NetJets as fractional provider.
- It's Time To Think, Talk And Listen. Ridilla, Paul // Plumbing & Mechanical;Sep2009, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p52
The article reports on the strategies for business which can give one 20/20 vision for the future. As reported, in business, one could incorporate, form a partnership or joint venture, start an employee stock ownership plan, relocate or diversify. Also, bring a financial partner into one's...
- Become a High Impact Owner Through Business Succession. Tanner, Richard // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p116
Offers tips on succession planning in tool shops. Common problems encountered by business owners regarding business succession; Factors to be considered in succession planning; Information on an employee stock ownership plan.
- Fuel Systems Solutions Selling $30M in Shares. // Orange County Business Journal;6/29/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p36
The article reports on the plan of Fuel Systems Solutions Inc. to sell its stock to institutional investors to be able to raise $30 million in Orange County, California. It is noted that Fuel Systems will be using the money for general purposes which include the possible repayment of debt. It...
- Not all that glitters is gold. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;7/12/2004, p40
Focuses on the importance of corporate research before buying shares or investing from a company to ensure success in business in South Africa. Importance of Web sites that provide tips and advisories on successful investment planning; Significance of the pie and the dividend yield as the...
- The Competitive Edge. Niederkohr, Tschanen // Aftermarket Business;Sep2007, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the impact of equity capital to growing and stagnant businesses in the U.S. It notes that small businesses are becoming concerned of its future. Accordingly, good business planning involves exit strategy and selling businesses to an equity capital. Experts suggest that...
- Alternative Approach to an Owner's Exit Strategy. Massimo, Charles // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p88
The article focuses on the Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Employee Stock Ownership Plan is an alternative option to changing ownership without the owner exiting the business. It allows employees to take over and participate in the management of the business by becoming a shareholder while at the...
- employees' buy-out. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p84
Information on the term "employees' buy-out" is presented. It refers to the purchase of all the shares of a company by its employees.