- Texas House Hikes Taxes On Cigarettes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p1
The article reports that the Texas House has approved a cigarette tax hike but rejected a proposal to issue bonds for schools. The bond measure was stripped from HB 5, which was primarily written to provide supplementary revenue to fund public education. The Texas Supreme Court in November 2005...
- Controversial Illinois board may delay hospital financing. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/12/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30806, p1
Reports on possible delays on a bond issue of Edward Health Services Corp. to finance a hospital in suburban Chicago, Illinois. Controversy over board decisions; Problems perceived in the political inclinations of the board members.
- Steady Edward. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p31
Reports on the outstanding debt rating of Edward Health Services Corp. in Illinois. Consistency of the health systems' operating performance; Stability of the revenue growth; Construction of hospital in the suburb.
- Moody's Cuts Edward Health. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p2
Reports on the rating of the bonds of Edward Health Services Corp.
- Maryland approves $445 million in debt; hikes tax on tobacco. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30619, p36
Reports on the approval of Maryland legislators to issue $445 million worth of bonds and the proposal to increase cigarette tax. Additional revenue from bonds and tax increase by year 2000; Bonds to finance school construction.
- Maryland Senate OKs Cigarette Tax Hike. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on te Senate approval to increase the cigarette tax in Maryland. Increase in state spending on public schools; Price of a cigarette pack; State aid to local school system.
- With New Hospital on Hold, Edward Health Nets Upgrade. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32480, p30
The article reports that the Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded its credit outlook for the Edward Health Services Corp. (EHSC) to stable from negative. The outlook change comes ahead of the of EHSC sales of $225 million of bonds through the Illinois Finance Authority. This deal comes...
- III. Finance Agency OKs $1B in Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32568, p1
The article reports that the Illinois Financial Authority (IFA) has approved the $1 billion of debt issues including the $250 million of new-money and refunding bonds by Edward Health Services Corp. Edward's issue is composed of three series including the 2007A1-2 series for $90 million, which...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p47
Reports on economic developments in the U.S. as of May 2002. Marketing of the bonds of the Educational Advancement Fund Inc.; Approval of the supplemental school budget; Debate of the Senate on the increase in cigarette taxes.