Commission Urges Tax Reform To Boost Philadelphia Business
- The Tax Code Strangles Our Cities. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;7/31/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p14
Discusses how the weakness of New Jersey's tax system leads to the decline of the state's urban centers. Tax system as a means for marshaling collective resources; Suburbanization of the state; Colonial system of taxation.
- Sahuarita adopts sales, bed taxes in effort to increase local control. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;3/4/96, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the adoption of a one percent sales tax and a two percent bed tax in Sahuarita community in Tucson, Arizona. Sahuarita's growth and development after its incorporation in 1994; Election of town officers; Town's plan to develop a general plan document; Zoning plan for the town; Planned...
- FISCAL EQUALIZATION BETWEEN SWEDISH MUNICIPALITIES. Chernick, Howard // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2002, p185
Describes the fiscal equalization between municipalities in Sweden. Estimation in the overall degree of equalization; Analysis of incentives built into the capacity equalization component;Factors affecting the need for equalization.
- California group protests state redistribution of local taxes. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30254, p26
Reports on the League of California Cities' opposition to the state redistribution of taxes. Holding of the organization's annual conference; Requirement for California cities and counties to cede property tax revenues to the state; Need for the protection, reform and restoration of local...
- Town tax rates. // Business NH Magazine;Nov96, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p58
Reports on the town tax rates in New Hampshire based on the state's `1996 Economic Report.' Assessment ratios; 1995 full tax value tax rate; Total property valuation.
- NW cities rated among best, worst for travel taxes. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/27/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p12
The article presents information on a report on travel taxes of U.S. cities based on an annual study conducted by the GBTA Foundation. According to the report, Seattle has been ranks among the 10 U.S. cities incurring highest total tax burden on travelers and Portland, Maine ranks among 10...
- Hearing set on city tax rate, budget. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/4/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p1
The article announces the public hearing for the proposed budget and tax rate of Whitney City will held at the Whitney City Hall in Texas on September 9, 2013 at six o'clock in the evening.
- San Juan changes `patente' payment policy. // Caribbean Business;4/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p13
Reports that the Municipality of San Juan requires companies paying municipal taxes, or patente, to submit a certified financial statement. What the change is policy is expected to cost; Comments from spokesman for the San Juan municipal tax office.
- A Fiscal Step Forward. O'Reilly, Evan // Governing;Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p56
Reports on the approval of a tax-reform package for the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by the state legislature. Amount of the estimated budget shortfall for 2005; Increase in the occupation taxes; Effect of the acceptance of the package on the city.