Rare Triple-A Water Issue Coming from Cobb County, Ga
- S&W board tries new fee. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/17/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the New Orleans, Louisiana Sewerage & Water Board has delayed a vote on a revised sewerage fee increase and bond sale. Special meeting of board members to discusses the plans; Move paving the way for a vote on the increase in February 2000.
- ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN. Gunn, Erik // Municipal Sewer & Water;Oct2011, p40
The article focuses on the sewer maintenance program of Great Neck Water Pollution Control District in Long Island, New York. It states that the district is serving 15,000 dwellers of five Nassau County villages with some unincorporated territories. It indicates that Great Neck uses a variety of...
- Utility Awards Flow Monitoring Contract. // WaterWorld;Jan2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p10
Reports that the firm Seven Trent has won a flow monitoring service contract with the Rahway Valley Sewerage Authority in New Jersey. Replacement of sewer-flow monitors; Production of sewer-usage reports for communities.
- Massive project in pipeline. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
Reports on Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District's building of a sewer tunnel in an attempt to solve flooding and pollution problems in 11 cities. Goals of the project; Tunnel specifications; Recommended improvements for communities with older storm and sanitary systems; Highlights of the Mill...
- Giant I/E/I project leads to new efficiency in sewer line cleaning. Scheller, Thomas; Kulbitskas, John // Underground Construction;Feb98, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p36
Details the discovery of an efficient sewer line cleaning strategy for Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Department in Miami, Florida's infiltration/exfiltration/inflow reduction programs. Investigatory steps to identify system defects; Details of the sewer cleaning work by contractor Video Industrial...
- Broussard was unfair to attack Orleans pump operator heroes. Vassel, Tommie // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/21/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p23
The author reflects on the harsh remarks given by Jefferson Parish Council Aaron Broussard against the pump operator heroes in New Orleans, Louisiana. A faction arose between the members of the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans and Broussard when the latter made false accusations against...
- No messing about on the river. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Aug2015, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the repair and rehabilitation of a combined sewer attached to the wall of the River Ouse in York in Great Britain in 2015. Topics discussed include the engagement of sewerage operator DrainsAid for the project, the pipe cutting and removal of concrete obstruction by an...
- Water facilities need more federal funding. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30611, p5
Reports that funding needs for sewer and drinking water facilities will reach $330 billion. Need for local governments to sell debt.
- Indianapolis OKs Bid To Sell Water System. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p1
The article reports on the Indianapolis-Marion County City County Council's approval of a bid to sell the water and sewer systems of the city to Citizens Energy Group in Indiana. It notes that Citizens will pay at least 425 million dollars and assume about 1.5 billion dollars of outstanding debt...