S & P Raises Nassau County, N.Y., To BBB-Plus; Tans Get SP-1-Plus
- Tax Case Review. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Mar1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1267, p112
Reports that a promissory note the taxpayer company received from the subsidiary was not a marketable security and thus not a debt on security in Great Britain. Discussion of the case 'Taylor Clark International Ltd v Lewis.'
- Income from discharge of indebtedness under Title 11. Blumenthal, Steven // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p58
Discusses income from discharge indebtedness under Title 11. IRC Sec. 108's exclusion of discharged indebtedness from the gross income of an individual's bankrupt estate; Recognition of taxable gain; Handling of recourse debt.
- Virtually everyone in France-including retirees... // Christian Science Monitor;1/3/96, Vol. 88 Issue 26, p2
States that a `debt tax' would be paid by everyone in France, which includes retirees, and the jobless on welfare. What is expected of this tax; France's requirements to cut its yearly deficit; Reason for this.
- Preparing for bankruptcy. Burckel, Daryl V.; Watters, Mike // Journal of Property Management;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p40
Discusses tax consequences associated with abandonment transactions and the possible planning opportunities to negate outcome. Assets transfers; Recourse debt; Nonrecourse debt; Abandonment by the trustees; Entrapment; Deflection; Argument for entrapment; Planning opportunities.
- Basis reduction in debt discharge. // Practical Accountant;Mar97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p21
Features proposed regulations from the US Internal Revenue Service that provide ordering rules for the reduction of bases of property in debt discharge under Sections 108 and 1017 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Onondaga Water Lowered. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/16/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33747, p7
The article discusses the downgrading of Onondaga County Water Authority, New York by Moody Investors Service Inc., New York due to continued decline in net revenue and increase in debt levels.
- OID thresholds. // Practical Accountant;Mar95, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the tax treatment by the Internal Revenue Service of effect of inflation on debt instruments.
- GOP should cut taxes, not obsess about debt. Kudlow, Lawrence // Insight on the News;03/23/98, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p28
Opinion. Presents information on tax reduction and debt retirement, with reference to the Grand Old Party (GOP). Reference to the GOP's involvement in balanced-budget politics; Terms of the Senate's policy statement; Information on the Senate and House Republicans debt obsession; Benefit of...
- ASK YOUR ADVOCATE. Ngo, Sheiresa // Black Enterprise;Jul2010, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p38
The article presents an answer to a question on the taxation of cancelled debts in the U.S.