Senate Approves Funding for HUD, District of Columbia
- HUD Bill Spotlights Problems with FHA. // National Mortgage News;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p37
Reports on the approval of HUD appropriations bill, which is sharply critical of the Federal Housing Administration single-family program, by a Senate committee in the U.S. Description of the FHA; Reaction over the Bush administration's proposal to start a FHA zero downpayment program for...
- House HUD Package Would Boost Section 8 Spending By $910M. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p6
Reports that the U.S. House approved a fiscal 2004 spending bill that will provide $37 billion for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, for Section 8 vouchers renewal and low-income housing program. Total votes voted in favor and against the bill; Advantage of the amendment...
- House Panel Passes HUD Bill, Rejects Bush Section 8 Reforms. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p3
Reports on the U.S. House Appropriations Committee's approval of the fiscal 2005 spending package for the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development. Comparison with the agency's funding for the 2004 fiscal year; Reforms proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush's administration which was...
- Good News: Your Funding Will Look A Little Brighter For FY2014. // Assisted Housing Alert;Mar2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p19
The article presents information on the 2014 Omnibus Appropriations Act passed by the U.S. Congress as of March 2014. Topics discussed include more increase than reductions in the funding for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs, the views of Barbara Gay, director of...
- House Committee OKs $37 Billion for HUD in 2004. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31683, p4
Reports that the U.S. House Appropriations Committee approved a bill that would provide $37 billion for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in fiscal year 2004, including $12.1 billion for Section 8 voucher renewals. Amount requested for the HUD by U.S. President George...
- HUD funds awarded to the Second Congressional District. // Jackson Advocate;10/18/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p8D
The article informs that U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has awarded Multi-Family Housing Service Coordinators Grant funds to the second Congressional District.
- DPA Program Cut in Appropriations Bill. // National Mortgage News;12/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on the $388 billion omnibus appropriations bill passed by the U.S. congress that includes additional funding for the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) but cuts funding for President George W. Bush's signature housing initiative, the Downpayment assistance...
- HUD/SRF Spending Bills Inching Along. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31190, p5
Reports on a legislation that would authorize appropriations for the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Appropriations for clean water and safe drinking water state revolving loan funds.
- OMHAR Reauthorization Legislation Goes to Senate; Passage Expected. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31289, p5
Focuses on approval of legislature by the U.S. senate for extending tenure of the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development's Office of Multifamily Housing Assistance Restructuring. Approval of appropriations bill by the senate; Bond financing for multifamily projects.