Atlanta Council Delays Controversial Vote on Tripling Water and Sewer Rates
- City Council faces tough decision on sewerage rates. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/24/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p4
Relates that the city council members of New Orleans, Louisiana are reviewing various proposals for increasing sewerage fees. Alternative proposals forwarded by the Sewage & Water Board to the city council; Average increase of sewerage fees; Impetus for increasing sewerage fees.
- Face the music at the S&W Board. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/24/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p26
Stresses the need for the New Orleans City Council to resolve the efficiency issues that affect the Sewerage & Water Board in New Orleans, Louisiana. Cost of overhauling the city's sewerage and water infrastructure; Ineffectiveness of the board in deciding among the funding alternatives for the...
- Sewer rate hikes move forward. DeWitt, David // Athens News;4/8/2013, p16
The article reports on the unanimous vote of Athens City Council in Ohio to increase sewer rates for residents in Athens as the city advances with upgrades to its wastewater facility.
- Hurdles still lie ahead for sewerage and water fee hike. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/22/99, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p10
Reports that the proposal of the Sewerage & Water Board to impose drainage and sewerage fee hike is unlikely to get approval of the New Orleans City Council in Louisiana. Challenges on the Council's right to raise fees without voter approval; Amount of money needed by the board to pay for sewer...
- County hopes to coordinate sewer expansion with city. DeWitt, David // Athens News;8/16/2012, p13
The article informs that the commissioners of Athens County, have agreed to coordinate with the City Council of Athens County, Ohio to expand sewer infrastructure in rural subdivisions.
- City ponders ban on waste disposers. Lenius, Pat // Contractor Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p36
Outlines the proposal considered by the Raleigh City Council in North Carolina that would ban the installation of food waste disposers in homes attached to the city sewer system. Committee to investigate the matter; Sewage problems of the city; Supporters of the installation of waste disposers.
- Sewer, drainage fee proposals keep council in a quandary. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/29/99, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p10
Presents an updates on the proposed fee increases for overhauling New Orleans, Louisiana's sewerage and drainage systems. Decision to be made by the New Orleans City Council on April 8, 1999, on whether to take up the new drainage fee and the sewerage fee increases; Focus of attention of the...
- Don't watch quality of life slide down the drain. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/29/99, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p25
Discusses the move of the New Orleans City Council in Louisiana of delaying action on a request by the Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans for new fees on service users. Council's decision to address service complaints before addressing the proposed fee increase; Previous developments...
- Council OK's sewer rate hike. Cousins, Scott // Granite City Press-Record;6/15/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 48, pA1
The article reports on the decision of the Granite City Council to approve the monthly residential rate hike in Illinois in June 2011, the additional fees of which will be used to replace old sewer lines.